Carnival Dream Cruise Review

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Polistena

• Sail Date: Oct 2016
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior

Embarking: Once in the building during the appropriate time slot it went fast. If you get to New Orleans port too early, you are stuck standing in the garage outside!!

Ship:

Pros: Food was excellent as always

Pool are very nice with lots chairs and room.

Entertainment in show room very good.

Comedians, First two excellent, second two not as good.

Service on entire ship was very good, including dining room.

Nice gym on ship

Cons:

First day of cruise my cabin boy said they will only clean room once a day and what do I want day or night? I found that very strange, first in all my cruises. Although, some others passengers had their room cleaned twice daily.

I like my ice bucket filled for the evening, I told the cabin boy to do this, but on 3 nights all I had was icy water by 7pm.

Im not fussy, but cabin service should been a bit better. They keep raising gratuities and decreasing service in this area.

Conclusion: Very nice ship and very fun time, especially out of New Orleans, this was my first cruise out there,

Polistena's Full Rating Summary

Interior
Cabin 4A 11274

This was a handicap end room very close to pool, at pool in 30 seconds great location.!! Huge shower do to handicap room. As indicated above service in room was not the best, as it was only cleaned once per day and my ice bucket was not always freshly filled in evening.

But it was just me in room so the cleaning twice was not a huge deal. But don't keep raising gratuities if you cut back service.

Private Resort Day Pass

All you can eat . drink, beach resort. Great fresh fish that we ordered off menu, as well as drinks off menu. We had our own personal waiter all day. We tipped him at end since he was good. Place also included pool, beach, chairs kayaks etc. Very nice place for $49, about 20 mins from ship, cab rid $16 each way up to 4 people. $ EACH.

View All 222 Private Resort Day Pass Reviews