3. Norwegian Jade
This was my first NCL cruise and not sure of what to expect. The ship was very dated and is going in for a refurb in March so that is a good thing because I am booked on it again in September 2017. Embarkation was good, Disembarkation a nightmare. Ship size for me is perfect. I am more comfortable on a smaller ship. Staff: Cabin attendants very pleasant. Bar staff were very rude and disinterested in helping you. I'm used to happy engaqing staff and they were just plain miserable. Grand Pacific Dining Room staff were a bit more pleasant. As far as the food was concerned it was maybe average. Nothing exciting. When I cruise I am always excited to see what they have on the menu. In the Jade's case, it was a matter of should we go to the buffet or see if there is anything worthwhile on the Grand Pacific Menu. The second week seemed to improve a bit and more enjoyable choices. The Buffet crew were always pleasant and helpful. The food was good with lots of choices for breakfast and lunch. I think we only ate dinner there once. Topsiders grill had great burgers and the Great Outdoors had a mini-buffet which was pretty good. Cagney's was a disappointment. We shared a 32 oz. Porterhouse and asked for medium rare. Got close to well done. The Moderno was extremely disappointing. The gauchos rarely came around and the choices were minimal. Salad bar was extremely minimal as well. The only good thing was the lamb and their specialty steak. Not worth the extra money. Maybe I am used to better quality Brazilian steak houses or maybe because it was the last night of the cruise and they just weren't interested. We thoroughly enjoyed the entertainment although the seats in the Stardust Theatre uncomfortable. They seemed to slant forward. I can't say it was a terrible cruise. Just disappointing. Communication with passengers seems to be the most difficult issue. I went on this cruise to find out how they deal with "accessibility" passengers and there were horror stories about how some passengers were treated. This was very sad. I didn't personally encounter an issue even though I had a cane but speaking with other passengers about their issues was disarming. If the Jade has a decent refurbishing and improvement in quality of cuisine it will be a wonderful ship. It's just the right size. And if they do some customer service training with bar staff that would be a vast improvement. At this point I am booked on 2 other NCL cruises. Getaway and the Jade again. I'm happy to try this cruise line again and hopefully the issues above will be much better.

Good and Bad

Biscoco’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jade price drops

Mid-Ship Inside
Cabin IB 9657
Small, dark and dungy. Could use some sprucing up. Mattress cover an issue every night. Bunched up all the time. We continually had to remake the bed.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins