3. Norwegian Dawn
This was my 8th cruise with NCL and 4th on the Dawn. I chose the re-positioning cruise because I went in April 2015 and enjoyed the length of time and the amount of stops. I have only cruised with NCL so can't compare to any other cruise line. I was happy overall. The staff is excellent, as always, although they use to be more Happy, Happy, Washy, Washy. I enjoy free-style cruising because I can choose when to eat and how to dress. My first cruise with NCL in June 2000 on the Majesty was not free-style. I am glad they changed to free-style. Most meals were eaten at the Garden Cafe because of our busy schedule, however, the food choices were almost always the same. This had been the case on most of the cruises. We did eat at O'Sheehan's a few times and once at the Venetian. O'Sheehan's makeover/name change was nice, however what they did to the Venetian was horrible. I don't see how lines through pictures can be considered Modern Art. I heard a lot of complaints about the Venetian makeovers. I enjoy going to the shows but only went to a few this time since most shows are the same shows offered from cruise to cruise. I think a rotation of shows would be good. Second City was good, however only a few changes from previous Second City shows I have seen. I did like the cast of this Second City though. They seemed to work well together and Bruce and CJ was very quick witted and very funny. I have another re-positioning cruise scheduled in April 2017 on the Dawn and have two more cruise deposits to use, but after, I will definitely try another ship and will likely try another cruise line. NCL has changed since my last cruise in September of 2015, and in my opinion, not for the better. For example, water and soda use to be able to be brought on by those people that didn't like flavored water or Pepsi products, but not any longer. Not sure why? The alcohol package, if bought outright, is outrageously priced. I don't even think a hard-core drinker could drink the value of it's cost. We booked excursions for every stop, except Puerto Rico, which we did our own thing and took a bus to the Rain Forest and saw waterfalls. We were happy with the excursions with the exception of the Snorkel and Beach getaway which was 5 minutes away from the ship and dangerously rocky, and the Myan Ruins excursion in Tulum Mexico. The best excursion by far was the Grand Cayman Shipwreck and Reef Snorkel. That was by far the best snorkeling we have ever done.

Will Cruise Again

MY79TA’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB 11516
The cabin was a good size, especially having three people in the same room for 14 days. We would have like to have gotten the Deluxe Owner's Suite again but unfortunately it was unavailable for this cruise.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins