3. Norwegian Dawn
I was a big time lover of NCL before this cruise. The crew for the most part didn't seem happy to be there. Majority of the crew would walk by without smiling or saying hello. When we were on the Star everyone was happy and everyone said hello, what a difference. We never saw our cabin steward until day 3. I had to leave him a note on day one to please clean our bathroom as it smelt like urine. Our cabin was never cleaned until around 2:30 each day. He told us that he worked alone although we always saw him either in the hall or in a cabin talking with a woman who was also dressed as a cabin steward. Was never sure what that was all about but I their talking slowed them down. I was concerned one day about our cabin being vacuumed as my husband had put some ice in a glass and the glass shattered going on the carpet. We picked up what we could see but you never know if there were little fragments still left behind. I asked our steward if he had vacuumed and he told me yes. Not sure that was the truth. As I was sitting there doing my makeup low and behold I saw two shards of glass which I picked up. Once again another note left to please vacuum as I was still finding glass after he said he had vacuumed earlier. His trolley was always around but never him. The specialty restaurants we just okay. Service was below par. We ate at the dining room twice, once for breakfast and once for lunch, it was okay. We ate at the specialty restaurants 9 times other than that we either went to Bamboo the asian restaurant or OSheehan's. We enjoyed OSheehan's for breakfast although service could be hit and miss. Chicken wings are great. They ran out of english muffins, diet lemon lime soda and pino Grigio wine was running low. These were just the things that we ordered that we knew they ran out of. On numerous occasions when I did ask for Pino Grigio wine if they didn't have it they told me to go try another bar. I guess my fare didn't pay for service? I did go down to the wine bar and got my own on my way back up to OSheehan's I stopped by Guest Services and the woman was very apologetic and asked if I would please talk to the head of bar services. He said that I should never have been told to go find my own and he spoke to the server. Let me just say after this it did happen 3 more times after that at which point I just gave up, service was just poor to say the least. I have an allergy to some wines as is why I stick to Pino Grigio. Around day 8 I was told they were running low on this wine, interesting. So one night at OSheehan's I ordered a glass of Pino. I took one sip and knew it wasn't Pino Grigio as I started breaking out in hives and sweating. I went down to the wine bar where I was told it was Chardonnay. Needless to say when this happened I went back to Guest Services and asked to speak with the head of Bar Services. The woman behind the desk's English wasn't so good and she told me the head of the bar was the bartender! Another person stepped in and got the Bar Services manager to come up to where we were sitting. After about 15 minutes someone showed up it wasn't the person in charge but it was someone under him which was fine. She came and apologized and gave me a bottle of Pino Grigio on the house (did I say I had the ultimate Beverage Package). No follow up letter or anything. On the Star I remember officers going around all restaurants, basically anywhere on the ship asking how everything was going, never on this ship. We got talking to one of the restaurant officers and she asked us how everything was. We told her that compared to the Star this wasn't that good. She agreed! Said this definitely wasn't the Star, she had been on the Star and loved it too. She told us that she worked her way up over 10 years and that now they hire people via skype off the street and start them off in the specialty restaurants, hence the comment I made earlier about the service. This is a wear what you like ship. We saw people in sweatpants and sloppy clothes coming and going out of the specialty restaurants. Our days on NCL are done which is too bad as we loved the Star. If you go on this ship look for a server his name Is Emory, he is the best. He served us in Gatsby's but was saying he thought they were going to change him to another bar as he would be able to get more days off. Poor fellow only had one day off on a 14 day cruise. Loved Gatsby's bar. We didn't see any shows at night in the theatre as we loved watching Patti and Jose in the Atrium, they were amazing. The ports of call were great, really enjoyed them. Embarkation went smooth we picked early arrival time of 10:30 and were on the ship by around 11:30. We had priority disembarkation and were off by 8:45 and at our hotel in the French Quarter by around 9:15. We had a midship cabin on deck 9, #9622, great spot easy access to everything. The rating I gave it is for the service of our cabin not the cabin itself. This is the first time I hadn't brought my own hairdryer, mistake. I have thick shoulder length hair and it took me over 30 minutes to dry my hair, and the dryers aren't light.

Dissappointed

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by cherrypop

• Sail Date: October 2016
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony

Our days on NCL are done which is too bad as we loved the Star.

cherrypop’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA 9622
Cabin was situated in a great spot, close to most things. One deck down was OSheehan's for breakfast! A must have since the bathrooms are very limited for counter space is bring a see through over the door shoe holder to hold all your toiletries.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins