3. Celebrity Solstice
I chose this cruise because I just wanted a holiday. The idea of one flight, an easy 8 or so hours to Singapore and then cruising home to Sydney via ports I had already seen really appealed. We also got an incredible deal and the new improved interent is wonderful. It would be worth paying for if not included. No more waiting and watching the minutes tick by and the costs mount up when downloading. Embarkation was a mess. Turned up at the time requested and it the took one and three quarter hours to check in. Not good enough. Trying to decide if this a Singapore problem having struck a similar problem a few years ago on Azamara. At least this time there were seats! Tendering was always a very, very slow process, so time in Bali and Cairns was very limited. The Cairns debacle was evidently caused by Celebrity loading 280 passengers going to the Great Barrier Reef on to the wrong boat and then having to get them off and on again. Unbelievable. Dining was fine except for a meal in Silk Harvest where the loud live music made conversation impossible. If they are going to put Kimchi on the menu I think it should be authentic, not watered down. Extra chili could have been offered. I think I have only ever enjoyed one production show in all my years of cruising, a wonderful Cirque de Soleil type of performance on Solstice. I had hoped for something similar. No such luck.Yes, the dancers move well but the singers seem to have a very limited range and just belt out noise. Not nice. The string quartets were lovely to listen to. No complaints at all about service. I'd go again if there was an itinerary that appealed and a similar all in deal on offer.

A Holiday Cruise

CJSANDFS’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Solstice price drops

Sunset Veranda
Cabin SV 8338
Not as nice as the aft cabin I previously had on Millenium on an Alaskan cruise. I'd also suggest checking just where the sun is going to be before booking. From Singapore to Darwin, i.e west to east, the sun made the balcony way too hot. Going south along the Australian coast was better. It is definitely quite a hike from the lifts but this was a good thing. I needed the excerise. It is a very quiet location but this particular cabin shares a foyer with a corner suite, meaning two sets of locks to get in. I sometimes had to open the first door for room service.Could be a problem if the suite passengers were noisy.
Vista Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins