Cruise chosen as we wanted to explore a bit further into the Adriatic. As such we enjoyed going ashore taking some excursions which were good and also self exploring. The ship being larger than vessels we usually cruise on took some time to get to know the surroundings, still baffled with the self sevice Belvedere. One has to do at least one circuit to find out what's on offer, then the problem to find a seat. Don't leave your table mid-meal to get a drink or when you return you will find everything removed. Staff very pleasant and willing to help, including reception which I usually find is the weakest link on other ships. Allocated a table in the Meridian right at the stern and directly over the propeller shaft. The vibration made the table for us unusable, no other tables available so changed to Freedom Dining which is anything but. This means queuing at the restaurant entrance for at least 10 - 15 minutes to be given a pager to tell you when the table is ready:ni another 10 - 15 minutes. This inconvenience I feel could be sorted, why not give pagers at the bar?. Waiting staff very courteous, helpful, offering to change meals if they weren't as expected, as well as giving extra ice cream. Cabin pleasant, clean, good stewardess, helpful as was everybody else. Entertainment, apart from the hardworking Headliners, Jon Courtney was not up to the standard we have enjoyed on other cruises. The so called entertainments manager/director was conspicious by his absence and lack of any talent. I think this led to a flat feeling throughout the cruise. I think our next cruise, already looking, will be on a smaller, more intimate ship.

Interesting Destinations

Arcadia Cruise Review by Rebjohn

Cabin pleasant, clean, good stewardess, helpful as was everybody else.

Rebjohn’s Full Rating Summary