3. Carnival Inspiration
My husband and I are frequent Carnival cruisers. We decided to book the Carnival Inspiration 4 day voyage for Sept 19, 2016 as it was soon after my recent retirement and we were looking forward to having our 1st Guy's Burger (not yet available on The Miracle cruises). We had a fabulous time! The shows were terrific and energetic! The dance band "Magic Tractor" was fantastic, had everyone singing and dancing every night! Guy's Burgers did not disappoint, had one each day for lunch! They were special, and even the fries were a step above! I even used the gym each morning so I could splurge all day long at Guys and the soft serve machine! We met a lot of great passengers, had delicious breakfasts and dinners in the main dining room, with great service. Our inside cabin had plenty of room to get unpacked and comfortable, and let us get out and enjoy the ship's decks and all they had to offer, as well as funds available to enjoy the ports of Catalina and Ensenada. This was a great cruise, for the experienced cruisers like us, or new cruisers wanting a first time try (watch out, they are addictive)!

Not just for 1st time cruisers!

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by cruisingMax

• Sail Date: September 2016
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Interior

cruisingMax’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Inspiration price drops

Interior
Cabin 4D
Being seniors on a budget, we often cruise from Long Beach as it is close to home, eliminating the cost of flying and hotels. We usually book an interior cabin as we spend most of our time on deck enjoying the activities, entertainment, weather, and meeting fellow passengers. There is plenty of storage in the bathroom and cabin for belongings, suitcases fit under the beds after you unpack. TVs have 2 closed-circuit channels to see the outside off the bow of the ship and the aft (or sometimes the Lido deck)- that helps me not feel out of touch with the outside. It is quiet and dark to catch an afternoon nap so you can stay up late and take in all the evening entertainment. You don't have to break the bank to enjoy a cruise, there's a cabin for everyone's budget!
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Catalina Island (California)
    We have been to Catalina many times, so no longer take excursions. We are happy to take a long walk from the tender pier into town, relax on the little beach overlooking the casino, the ship, and people watch. We were lucky to have great weather and actually got in to snorkel this time in port right off the beach. People were renting golf carts to explore the island, visit the Wrigley Conservatory and gardens, take glass bottom boats,go zip-lining, shop, have ice cream or eat and drink at one of the many restaurants
    View All 227 Catalina Island (California) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Catalina Island (California) Cruise Port Review
  • Ensenada
    Granted, Ensenada is not Mexico's biggest or most beautiful port of call, but we always enjoy our stop there. We took the walk to town (Carnival offers a bus alternative for a nominal charge). Weekends are busy in Ensenada, the new park and fountain area is open and there are many more vendors and activities and locals; but for the 4-day cruise stop, it is quiet and peaceful. Lots of restaurants and bars open for lunch or a beer, very tourist friendly establishments. We always buy souvenirs for our home, we love the colorful shops with the handmade crafts. There is a new modern Earth Science Museum just up the street from the ship, only $3 admission. We heard it is great, will probably take it in on our next stop here.
    View All 505 Ensenada Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Ensenada Cruise Port Review
  • Los Angeles
    Long Beach is a nice port- The Queen Mary is docked next door, and being exclusive to Carnival, the port operates smoothly. There is a lovely view of the marina, aquarium across the bay- very picturesque
    View All 515 Los Angeles Cruise Port Reviews