3. Golden Princess
Entertainment was non-existent, two nights out of the whole cruise was good as for the rest forget it. The Cruise Director Tim is shameful really and should get together for the sake of Princess, passengers will drift away to another cruise line. Food in the dining room was repetitive, lacking taste, no sauces or gravies very dry. The salmon I ordered was so overcooked dry and horrible. We ordered beef tenderloins one night I believe hundreds of people didnt eat the meal it was like stewing steak, again lacking gravy or a sauce. The Curtis Stone specials were Seafood Stew, Pork Belly and Chicken and Leek pie they were just repeated night night after night. The taste of these three dishes leave a lot to be desired. I ordered the chicken and leek pie twice both times there were small chicken bones!!!. The wait staff were incredible, excellent service and do everything to please. I felt sorry for the waiters because people complained to them, it is not their fault after all, mind you the Maitre D in the Caneletto Dining Room didnt want to know he was rude and unwilling to assist when there was a major problem he was nowhere to be seen. Duty Free liquor Day 2 there was no alcohol available for passengers to purchase, at the start of the cruise there was three yes three bottles of gin for purchase one passenger purchased the three. Apparently alcohol was coming on the ship in Brisbane, great we got off in Brisbane so no Duty Free for passengers disembarking. The ports we visited were great an experience and makes one realise how lucky we are to live in Australia. We and many others were very disappointed with Golden Princess, in fact I can longer recommend Princess Cruises to others which I have always done in the past.

Golden Princess

Hutchie’s Full Rating Summary
Get Golden Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IC
Clean but in need of a refurbishment, old and tatty. Bathroom door didnt close properly squeaked all night. Mirror in bathroom needed replacing black all around the bottom.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins