3. Serenade of the Seas
The second day at sea I had not heard where the Cruise Critic meet up was to be so I checked with the guest services and was told it had already happened and they gave me to note. They would note that I was missed on the distribution. Sorry to have missed seeing any of you that did attend. My stateroom was what I expected and served my needs well. Attendant was excellent. The ship is good except for the placement of the elevators. It seem that what I wanted to do was always away from where they were. I never was able to get a sense of direction on board. The daily "Compass" newsletter listed what the featured cuisine was in the Windjammer each evening. That would have been helpful in dinner planning if the electronic menus for the main dining room worked. Most nights the dining room menu was not that inspiring to me. Having cruised on RCI 8 time in the past 2.5 years the headliner shows were what I had seen before. The RCI cast singers, dancers, and musicians were very good. Activities offered were the normal wide range of things. I always found something to do when I wanted to engage. Cruise director's staff ranged from great to OK. Any problems I had were solved quickly and in a professional way, but if they took a little more time before they could have been avoided. Seem to be a lack of communication between departments. I didn't take many shore excursions but the ones I did were very good. Fitness center has some problems. Equipment is old compared to many other RCI ships. Bikes and treadmills don't have video screens. Drinking fountain has sign "For public health reasons Do not fill water bottles" This is the one place that people need to fill water bottles. There are a number of units on the market that allow for filling on bottles with out a risk of cross contamination. The enrichment lectures were atrocious. The pictures were very old and usually didn't relate to the the subject being babbled about. No order to the lecture just a incoherent ramble. Transfer from ship to airport was a disaster. Very poor signage to the pick up point, the person checking us in did not have a alphabetized list so had to go thru the entire list for each person (very slow). The bus driver circled the airport several times (I think he was lost) before stopping at the wrong place. All of us who were told this is your stop had to re-board and ride to the correct place. From ship to airport terminal 1 hour. Not how I wanted to end my cruise.

OK not great: Easy to make it better

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by DeckBuddy11

I didn't take many shore excursions but the ones I did were very good.

DeckBuddy11’s Full Rating Summary