MSC Divina Cruise Review by 562Travelr
- Sail Date: October 2016
- Destination: Caribbean
- Cabin Type: Aurea Balcony Stateroom
- The ship is excellent. Great, tasteful decor and an excellent layout.
- Staterooms were equally well designed and laid out.
- The whole ship had an international atmosphere. I met people from Italy, France, Israel, Sweden, Quebec, Germany...
- The bars and bar service were great.
- Buffet selection was outstanding, though the food quality was generally "meh".
- The spa really worked hard to provide good deals while in port/at sea. I took liberal advantage of cheap chair massages by the pool.
- Nice exercise facility, but there was no running track on the ship.
- The big shows were elaborate (though not always my style).
- Service was not up to that of other mid-tier cruise lines. Lots of annoyances and problems that eventually became expected. Wildly unpredictable length of time to get food in the dining rooms (and sometimes cold food), problems with booking, embarkation, deliveries to the cabin, accurately recording who attended the safety drill, etc.
- The buffet was so popular that available seating was rare at normal meal times.
- Food was acceptable at best. The pizza bar became a welcome haven.
- Lounge entertainment was rather low end (e.g. one guy with a guitar and synthesizer instead of a combo). Most of the entertainment money seems to have gone into the big shows.
250,000+ people have entered their email
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
MiamiFun, interesting city to explore and the ship is well located for sight seeing (not out of the way).View All 2,456 Miami Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Miami Cruise Port Review
NassauThis is a token stop for cruise lines. Nothing to see here except the horribly artificial Atlantis. They have bars, beaches and WiFi but nothing special or interesting.View All 5,966 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Nassau Cruise Port Review
San JuanIt's so easy to explore Old San Juan from the cruise dock. It's a great walking area as long as the weather cooperates.View All 3,881 San Juan Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's San Juan Cruise Port Review
St. MaartenLots of things to do and beautiful beaches if you know where to go.View All 4,807 St. Maarten Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's St. Maarten Cruise Port Review