3. Caribbean Princess
First time cruiser went with a group of friends, and we had a blast!  I LOVE cruising and the Caribbean Princess was a terrific first experience.  The staff cannot do enough for you, the ship was immaculate, there's so much to do and you were made to feel very special; you can tell the staff put a lot of thought into planning the entertainment; the food was delicious and of course, plenty of it and always available.  We stayed in an interior room - next time I will upgrade to a balcony, well worth the extra money.  For those of you who have not experienced cruising (much like myself), the interior rooms are very small and have no windows, so that can be a little confusing when you want to know what the weather is, do you need sunblock, wear a bathing suit, etc.  I would recommend any other room but an interior for this reason.  The showers are also very small but I understand that's typical in most rooms.  It was quiet, never hearing any outside noise

The ports we planned on visiting were Puerto Rico, Grand Turk, St. Thomas and Bermuda; unfortunately the weather wasn't in our favor and we weren't able to stop in Bermuda; a little disappointing because a few of us were never in Bermuda, but we enjoyed ourselves on the ship nevertheless.

I would recommend the Caribbean Princess to anyone - and departing from Brooklyn was a plus.

FIRST TIME WAS A CHARM!

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by kittenjing

kittenjing’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

For those of you who have not experienced cruising (much like myself), the interior rooms are very small and have no windows, so that can be a little confusing when you want to know what the weather is, do you need sunblock, wear a bathing suit, etc.  I would recommend any other room but an interior for this reason.  The showers are also very small but I understand that's typical in most rooms.  It was quiet, never hearing any outside noise -

Caribbean Princess Deck Plans

• New York (Brooklyn, Red Hook)
    Having been born in Brooklyn I felt terrific 'coming back home'.  We were dropped off at the curb and there was plenty of assistance with luggage, directions, etc.  It took approximately ten minutes to get on the ship - no problem at all.

When arriving back on 6/2, again, it took approximately 12 minutes to get off the ship, get our luggage (which was easy to find, large easy-to-read signs indicating the color-coding of your section), and then literally one minute walking through Customs.

I would definitely recommend the Brooklyn Port!

View All 59 New York (Brooklyn, Red Hook) Cruise Port Reviews