3. Marco Polo
We chose this cruise as it was convenient for us as we live in Bristol, and we thought the weather should be warm. Convenient it was, but the weather was far from good, which was no fault of the ship, obviously. However. I was in bed for 2 days with sea sickness. We were tossed around everywhere, which is one of the drawbacks of a small ship. We have been on bigger ships, and not even known were were on the water. It was most unpleasant, and worrying as you had no way of knowing what the next day would bring. It was extremely hard to keep your feet when walking about and ruined the whole experience for me. The staff, food and entertainment were excellent, as was our cabin. The weather in the Canaries was just passable, but it poured rain in Madeira. The drinks were very reasonably priced. Don't pay for the excursions. We had an hour on a tuk tuk in Madeira, it cost us £84. We saw nothing and spent 20 minutes looking round a shop. I complained to the excursion rep on the desk who was extremely rude and spoke to me as if I were a child. Complete rip off. We did however book as excursion at Coruna, before we sailed, which was great. Most ports have open topped buses for sight seeing.

Up and down (literally)!

Marco Polo Cruise Review by jink

jink’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cruise & Maritime Voyages Marco Polo price drops

The cabin was fantastic. The only drawback was that it was so big, when the ship was rolling about, it was quite hazardous moving from one end to the other!! At least there was a settee to fall on! We had fresh flowers when we arrived and fresh fruit every day. Unfortunately, the bottle of champagne that greeted us was empty and all over the carpet when we got back from dinner, as the boat had been rolling about so much, the bucket and bottle had fallen off the coffee table. We DID have a glass each before we went to dinner tho!
  Marco Polo Deck Plans