Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review

Far East Delight

Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by SomersetSteve

• Sail Date: Oct 2016
  • Destination: Asia

Although my individual ratings might not reflect my overall 'Very Good' rating, my Wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our first cruise with Celebrity and have booked another for early 2018. Ashore, the trip was made special by the ports of call, especially Japan and Hong Kong. On-board, our fellow guests, comprising of Americans, Canadians, Aussies, Kiwis, Scandinavians and 'fellow' Europeans including Brits off course, made for an interesting and very pleasant social experience and one which we thoroughly enjoyed, thanks to everyone!

The ship was much bigger than we have been used to, but the extra size and amenities were a welcome discovery and we never felt too claustrophobic especially on days at sea. However, Celebrity want to look to Thomson Cruises for instance, for food that actually tastes of something, the food on board, although featuring many of the World's cuisines was very bland at times. Also cleanliness, our cabin was clean enough, but some of the public areas were in need of proper cleaning. The crew were satisfactory, but sometimes a little surly and unhelpful, Guest Relations being a chief culprit. Comparing Celebrity to Thomson cruises once more, the latter's staff are generally always helpful & amazingly cheerful and there always seems to be an army of staff cleaning too!

So, don’t be put off booking with Celebrity for one moment, but do please note my concerns.

SomersetSteve's Full Rating Summary