3. Pacific Jewel
P&O Australia, hang your heads in shame. The Pacific Jewel is a joke. There is not one redeeming thing about this scrubbed up old tub. The staff look absolutely miserable and the morale is appalling low, The food on the Pantry is the same everyday. The quality is cheap & tasteless ( I had a cake on day one and was could have been used as road surface ). My travelling companion got chicken which was raw in the middle. The coffee machines looks like they were left overs from the 1980's Oriana. It is the 21st Century, but P&O think machine coffee is acceptable, Do you want a Capuccino or a Flat White? You need to pay for it ! The pool is the size of a residential Clark Rubber pool. Imagine nearly 2000 passengers trying to get in it. The cabin was tiny and extremely unimpressive. Do you want to relax at the back of the boat. Forget it. There was an infestation of fleas ! I was so relieved to get off this tub. We spoke to so many other passengers who were glad to escape the abysmal 2 star rust bucket. It was so depressing and upsetting, I wrote a lengthy email ( with photo's of the fleas ) to P&O Australia. As I suspected, they made the fatal mistake of completely ignoring it. I contacted them and they advised "we have received your email and are currently investigating it". I asked them when they would get back to me. Typical P&O Australia, I was advised " We don't know". I immediately escalated the matter to the CEO of Carnival Cruises ( who own P&O Australia ) and was contacted within 24 hours and offered a 50% refund of my holiday. NEVER EVER AGAIN.

Don't even think about going on the Pacific Jewel.

Pacific Jewel Cruise Review by Neveragain62

Neveragain62’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Australia Pacific Jewel price drops

Tarted up old rooms, in an attempt to make a 25 year old boat look modern.