3. Britannia
This was our 2nd cruise having previously been on a Thomson one so our expectations were high. Sadly we were disappointed. I will try to keep it simple with pros and cons. PROS Food was very good in all restaurants including the buffet. Sindu was the best place to eat. Cabin was adequate and very clean. Ship decor was lovely and all areas clean. Staff were very pleasant and helpful even though they work a lot of hours. Plenty to do every day with lots of choice and daily information on what was going on. Gym was very well kitted out with up to date equipment. Having had to visit the doctor, I can say he was great even if I did have to pay for it. CONS Seating very difficult in all areas of the ship. Especially on the top of the ship. If you want to sit in the sun you will have to put your towel out at 6am! P&O say you cannot reserve sun beds yet they do nothing about it meaning if you are up there too late you won't get one. Drinks are too expensive. Only choice of tea, coffee or water at lunch time unless you pay for it. If juice runs out at breakfast it isn't replaced so you just get the above. Shops are designer and expensive. The retreat was booked up for the whole 2 weeks from day 1 so you have to get in quick or miss out. Shower room/toilet very small. Not much room to manoeuvre. Some other passengers were rude and obsessed with getting to the first of everything. Get to the theatre 45 mins before show if you want a decent seat. Same in Brodie's bar if you want to do a quiz. Excursions are way too expensive. You can do all of the things they offer on your own for a fraction of the price. Sail away parties are so cringeworthy. Singing Rule Britannia with the words "Britons never, never, never shall be slaves" just didn't seem right when leaving the islands considering the history of where we were !!!!! Lifts are ridiculous. Feel so sorry for wheelchair users who were just squeezed in. Always full and having to wait for up to 5 lifts before being able to get one. If the stairs were in the same place as the lifts it would have helped. Didn't see Sam Bailey as the sound system died for the whole evening. All in all we didn't enjoy cruising. It felt like we were in a giant floating school with some very selfish and childish people in our fellow passengers. I never want to be asked again how many cruises I've done. Or be told how many other people have done. I'm just not interested if you have cruised 25 times ! Flight home was absolutely dreadful. Even though that wasn't P&Os fault it was still part of our holiday. Cruising is like Marmite. Love it or hate it !

Never Again!

Britannia Cruise Review by Sueosb

• Sail Date: October 2016
  • Destination: Caribbean

PROS

Food was very good in all restaurants including the buffet.

Sindu was the best place to eat.

Cabin was adequate and very clean.

Ship decor was lovely and all areas clean.

Staff were very pleasant and helpful even though they work a lot of hours.

Gym was very well kitted out with up to date equipment.

CONS

Drinks are too expensive.

Only choice of tea, coffee or water at lunch time unless you pay for it.

If juice runs out at breakfast it isn't replaced so you just get the above.

Shops are designer and expensive.

Shower room/toilet very small. Not much room to manoeuvre.

Didn't see Sam Bailey as the sound system died for the whole evening.

Cruising is like Marmite. Love it or hate it !
Sueosb’s Full Rating Summary