Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review

First cruise..big disappointment!

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by dfsnow

• Sail Date: Oct 2016
  • Destination: the Bahamas

This was my husband and I first time cruising. We had heard so many great things about cruising, so we decided to give it a try. .....Oh my!!...where to start...

First...this is an old ship...carpets are stained...linen in the rooms were a dingy yellow. The towels always looked liked they had not been washed well. (yellow stains, red marks, old makeup looking marks on towels and washcloths..and this was even after asking for new ones)

Second...our room attendant never knew what he was talking about when asked a questions...for example...i asked him if there was a way to print out our excursion tickets, since we had forgot to do so before leaving home and he said "no"...wrong!! they have computers set up with printers!

Third...we could not port at CocoCay and was not offered any cruise deals or ship credits or anything...I'm convinced Coco Cay is messed up from Hurricane Matthew!

Fourth...The waters were very rough on the 3rd and 4th night...as I am accustomed to flying..the pilot will come on the intercom and let everyone know we are experiencing turbulence"...well not on the ship!!..I didn't know if this was normal or if something was wrong...I was waiting for the captain to come over the loud speaker at any moment and let us know that we were experiencing rough waters or something!! Nothing!! For a first timer this was very unnerving!

Fifth- we paid for the internet service that promised to be fast....welllllllll....fail....we were told it's slow in the rooms but fast if you come out to the common areas! -:

I could go on...like the very smoky casino! But I've said enough and had enough to know we won't be doing another cruise anytime soon if at all....it is what we thought it was!!

dfsnow's Full Rating Summary

Perfect Day at CocoCay

Could not port...big disappointment!

Atlantis Resort

Loved the excursion...would have loved to have spent more time there

View All 765 Atlantis Resort Reviews