Our travel agent suggested Oceania's Riviera for a sister's cruise, and we are so very happy she did! We didn't have cruising experience to which to compare, but we DO know quality and service. The Riviera provided these at every turn. The ship is beautiful, food was very good, service was outstanding! We did not have any problems with embarkation or disembarkation, but we have no comparisons. However, we were greeted with smiles, and they never stopped! The tour guides for excursions were knowledgeable and friendly. Julia on Bus 50 to Florence & Pisa (Tues, Nov 1) was outstanding! Having grown up in Florence, she gave great insight, and restaurant recommendations :) There was no problem with getting to buses or tenders. Oceania had a covered water/lemonade station at the tender in Portofino, which was so nice with the unseasonably warm temperatures. Nightly entertainment was enjoyable; Trivia every day was a blast! The Captain's Reception provided free champagne :) , and introduced us to a lovely couple, with whom we spent a lot of time. We also rocked out karaoke, and danced every night at Horizons. The cruise director, Nolan D, was fantastic! He was funny and charming, and knew everything :) Emmanuelle A, a beautiful and talented singer and director, was so sweet, I want to adopt her. Ismael, Destination Services, graciously helped us change an excursion. Agnes from Poland was professional and efficient, both at Terrace Cafe and the Grand dining room, and turned out to be hilarious! And, she was immediately by my side, ready to perform the Heimlich, when I started to choke from laughing at our great dinner companions. The whole cruise experience was smooth and lovely, while also being opulent and elegant. Although I've commented on our room in the "Cabin review" section, I would like to again thank our steward, Rosario, for his warmth and attention. Again, this was our first cruise, but neither of us can imagine a better experience.

First time cruise

Kansasbex’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Riviera price drops

Inside Stateroom
Cabin F 9082
Close quarters, but LOTS of storage space! Very comfortable beds, the toiletries were pleasant to use. Our steward, Rosario, and Gerardo, his assistant (I think?), answered every query with speed and kindness, and humor after we got to know them better :) As has been mentioned before, the bathroom is not ventilated, just FYI. We only used the TV to watch the morning announcements, but DVDs are available. We especially appreciated receiving two copies of "Currents" each day. Turn down service and nightly chocolate is always a nice touch.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins