3. Celebrity Constellation
We booked this cruise a year and a half ago. What fun planning. There were 4 of us, all retired, but active. We picked this cruise because of the itinerary and our past experiences with Celebrity. The ship was originally to depart from Istanbul, but the bombings at the airport there resulted in Celebrity changing our departure port to Athens. I am glad I booked my air thru Choice Air, as they took care of the changes without charge. We arrived 3 days early and stayed at The Central Athens Hotel. It was located in the Plaka district, which was close to many of the sights. Breakfast was included. We used Michael's Amazing Tours for a day trip to Corinth and Athens. We also used him for our transport from the airport to the hotel and a half day tour before he dropped us off at the ship. Good tours, good driver. Embarkation was a breeze. We were onboard in 15 minutes. Due to a drop in price we had a concierge stateroom. Not sure the extra perks are worth paying more, but since it didn't cost us extra, it was nice. As I have found in the past the crew was attentive, and friendly. The food was good, although I missed the nightly Sushi in the buffet. Now you have to pay for it at Sushi on 5. Entertainment in the main theater was about the same. The lounge had a good Irish couple, singing and playing. The wine cellar had a violin duet from Poland who were very good. Internet was much improved! Almost as fast as home. The plans offered were expensive and restrictive. That needs adjustment. Top marks for whoever came up with the reboarding procedure. Every ship I've been on has had an employee with sanitizer at the gangway. This trip you didn't get spritzed until you put all your stuff on the belt for the x-ray machine. Made getting back on board much easier. We used private companies for our tours, since we like smaller groups. In Kusadasi we went to Ephesus. It is a don't miss site. The tour also included lunch at a rug factory. Yes they would love to sell you a rug, but there was no pressure. Ottl Travel's guide was very good. Next up was Rhodes Greece. We had no plans and just walked the old city. In Limassol, Cyprus we did a jeep tour up to the mountains. I'm to old to ride in a jeep! We did have a very good lunch at a tavern in the mountains. Now came the highlight of our trip, Haifa and Ashdod. We had 3 days in Israel and wore ourselves out. GTI provided the tours and we saw Galilee, Nazareth, and the Jorden in Northern Israel, then Jerusalem and Bethlehem the following day. Our final day we went to Masada and the Dead Sea. There was so much to see, glad we got a taste. We had friends who were there in May and they said it was too hot. Glad we did it in Oct. as the weather was in the 80's. Our last port before Rome was Valletta Malta. We walked around the city and enjoyed the sights. We departed the ship in Civitavecchia. We took a tour of Orvieto and Bagnoregio (two hill towns in Umbria) on the way to Rome. We rented an apartment for 4 days and saw most of the places visitors go. Fun time. A great trip, with many memories!

Wonderful trip

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by mrrvcrazy30

Next up was Rhodes Greece. We had no plans and just walked the old city.

A great trip, with many memories!
mrrvcrazy30’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Constellation price drops

Concierge Class 1
Cabin C1 8132
Quiet, and clean. Plenty of space.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins