3. Carnival Vista
Although the décor of this new ship was lacking for me, this was a wonderful cruise across the Atlantic. I loved our stops in Gibraltar and the Azores. Ponta Delgada and the Azores is one of my favorite places on earth. It is gorgeous. The Vista is not elegant looking. I know they were trying to get away from glitz and be more sophisticated, but plain, mid-century modern décor just didn't do it for me. The family Harbor and Havana sections were very nice however. So was the Lido deck. Even tho the captain had my cove balcony closed because of rough weather for 2 days, I still enjoyed the cabin and that balcony. I found the food good as usual on Carnival, and had good service from a friendly crew. The beds are SO comfortable! Storage space is more that adequate in the balcony cabins; I know the insides had less storage space. The Serenity area was very nice, with a good salad bar, but crowded when I went. Not so serene. Halloween was a hoot on this ship! About half the guests were dressed in all kinds of costumes, and the night was a lot of fun and really different! Everything is now digital in the photo dept. and you can see your pictures in your cabin! Matt, the popular cruise director, was very visible, and seemed to love his job. I am not one for activities on the ship, but there were a lot of them. Trivia games, arts and crafts, movies, a few lectures, etc. Embarkation and debarkation were very easy and uncomplicated for me. If you go a bit later on embarkation day, you encounter less problems and crowds.

A Great TransAtlantic Cruise!!

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by JoseyP

• Sail Date: October 2016
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Cove Balcony

JoseyP’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Vista price drops

Cove Balcony
Cabin 7C 2341
Loved it!!! no complaints. bathroom ordinary but fine. really comfortable bed. heating/cooling worked well for me. Enough storage.
On the very first day, there was a food odor in my area of the ship. This was solved and it never returned.
Room stewards were fine, but i don't need them much.
Deck 2 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins