3. Disney Fantasy
My daughter asked her Papa and I to join her and our three grandchildren on the kid's first cruise. My husband and I have sailed on 18 cruises...Alaska, Hawaii, South America, and every cruise to the Carribean. We took one cruise on a ship out of Puertio Rico doing two back-to-back 14 day cruises. One whole month in Paradise. We love cruising. We had grown up watching Walt on nine inch tvs. How we loved Walt and the Mickey Mouse Club.. When our girls were growing up we took them to Disneyland. We took them to Disney World. We flew our daughters, their spouses, and our six grandchildren for 7 days at Disney's New Orleans resort and Disney World park. I never expected Walt to ever disappoint us. Yet, he did. I would never take this cruise line again. We left Cape Canaveral and our first day out I felt concern. We diverted to Miami after a gentleman took a serious fall down the main marble stairway. Critically hurt, when I saw a rescue boat arrive beside the boat to remove him from the ship, I realized that there was no helioport onboard. On two cruises, we saw people choppered out after serious health conditions. After a career in medicine, I could not help but think of that critical hour window of time which happens with critical medical conditions. The trip was great...really great for young children. Our grandchildren, aged 9, 12, and 15 enjoyed their first cruise. Yet, they spent most of the time at our side. They tried the children activities the first day, but did not like the activities. So they played miniture golf and used the amazing water slide a lot. The food onboard was inferior to the ships we have cruised on. It came to the table cool..not hot. Three nights I did not see a dessert on the menu that I liked. Our wait staff was excellent and I loved the beautiful .three diningrooms where our staff accompanied us to a different one each night.The maitre-D was accommodating We had a seventh floor balcony room. The greatest room ever. I loved the bathrooms! One with a sink commode...one with a sink and tub shower! It had the most storage on any ship of the ships we sailed. It had a full couch and constant reception in the rooms for news and sports. Very family oriented! Our room attendant, Scotty was excellent. I do not get a lot of time with my daughter and her family She lives in Minnesota and is a licensed nurse practitioner at Mayo Hospital. A job extremely demanding. We live in Iilinois. The first at-sea day was extremely disappointing. We were up early and got chaises in a family area near a small pool. We had two or three hours and went to lunch---we were gone thirty to forty minutes ! We left our towels on chairs. We came back and our towels were removed. Other people as taken our chaises. I asked the deck attendant! Oh, that is our policy..a book, a bag, was laid aside on the floor. THAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED ON ANY CRUISE SHIP I HAVE SAILED ON#!!!! We could not find anywhere to sit. We went to our cabins!!! The medical physician and nurses were excellent! I had got onboard for the trip on prednisone due to problems due to suffering with systemic lupus and a rash I developed!!! However I had finished my meds. I took a cold, had a rash, and high temp.. I was given more prednisone. I spent 24 hour in my room. At Castaway Key...the last day on the ship my family and nearly everyone else went ashore! I returned to the top deck where we were the day our chairs were taken. I read. I napped. It was early. Shortly about 11 a.m. the deck attendant came and started stacking all the chaises. I asked him why? Well,he told me they had to to get ready for the new vacationers getting aboard the next day. I told him this was my cruise and he brushed me off. . He wanted to ad my chases to the stack. I gathered my things. I went to Guest Relations and nicely told the receptionist that I had paid for that last day. She just brushed me off. I told her I had no doubt their ship would always be filled. They would have repeat cruisers. But having talked to other fellow cruisers....ones who have cruised on Celebrity, Holland America, Princess, Norwegian...they also in the past week had told me they would, like us, never cruise Disney again. All other cruise lines treat you with respect. On Celebrity..you are one! There were never attendants from the bar walking around to ask if you would like a drink! In smoking areas....ashtrays run over....you are invisible. No, WALT DISNEY' let us down. How we never expected that..

Great for children, not for adults

Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by Patricia LaDuke

• Sail Date: October 2016
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah

I do not get a lot of time with my daughter and her family

Patricia LaDuke’s Full Rating Summary
Ages Under 3
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 10 to 12
Ages 13 to 15
Get Disney Fantasy price drops

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Cabin 04A 7128
Excellent...in every way..beautiful and comfortable!
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins