3. Volendam
Alaska " inside passage " was better than expected. The Volendam is able to barely get into the places that make this cruise worth waiting for. We really enjoyed a beautiful week of warm/cool breezes (65F) along with some midnight lights to fascinate my wife. GREAT fresh salmon steaks all week changed my diet; whoa! Smooth sailing, fun activities and great service created a memorable experience for America's most thrilling sailing destination. You guessed it, a whale jumped while we were in the dining room. We want to go back in the fall season. Woot ! Woot ! We just got back, May; 7 day cruise the inner passage and glacier bay. Holland is top notch service, food and entertainment. On Embarkation went okay but appeared to us the ship was understaffed. And the moving passengers on and off the ship at port stops was anal, then issue of language. Most of the crew still learning English; a definite challenge. Then what about the photographer in your face looking to take your photo and selling you the glossy at inflated prices. Really, the most offensive were the people who took drink orders. They were constantly asking walking around you if you wanted to purchase a drink. When all we wanted was a glass of water, there was no one to be found! On a positive note, our cabin steward was great. The room was always ready and cleaned, very efficient and served us well. Fantastic weather in all the ports we visited in Alaska. We brought sweaters and boots which we never had to put on. Our ports were Juneau, Skagway, and Kechikan. HEY! Alaska is a beautiful state and everyone should see it. My wife thinks this is best cruise ever; me, I think Hawaii then Alaska.

Whale and tails

Volendam Cruise Review by genwoo

• Sail Date: May 2016
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Large Outside Stateroom (partial sea views)

We want to go back in the fall season. Woot ! Woot !

genwoo’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Volendam price drops

Large Outside Stateroom (partial sea views)
Cabin DD 7312
Clean and great service ; always needs more bathroom space.

cabin steward was good to us ; ice in room, towel art, plenty of closet space;

obvious some wear on fixtures but clean. Room seems in good condition Compared to other cruise ships.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins