3. Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
My wife and I booked a golf vacation to Scotland and we decided to begin our journey by taking the QM2 from NY to Southampton. The ship also made a stop in Halifax, NS. For those who may think that being on an ocean liner for 7 or 8 days....you would run out of things to do....I can explain it best this way-----we would get up by 7:00 AM each morning and the next thing we knew we were dressing for dinner. We needed at least two more days to take advantage of all of the amenities the QM 2 offers. The service on board is the best. I went through with drawl symptoms after leaving the ship in comparing the level of service we received on land vs at sea. Hope the following helps.....would recommend that you upgrade to the Princess or Queen's suites. Larger rooms with full balcony. You also have your own restaurant, bar and sundeck. Although you have the option to dine, drink and sunbathe anywhere on the ship. The food was excellent and if u did not see what you wanted on the menu....just ask the waiter and they will make it happen. The lecture series was excellent. The entertainment....spectacular....one night we were entertained by a 21 piece orchestra. There was music being played virtually all day and into the night everyday somewhere on the ship. The fitness center was large and had the latest equipment. Heard the spa....in terms of the pamper scale....was a 10. It is an older crowd....mostly 50 and up. 3 nights were formal dress for dinner and the other nights required a jacket. There is a casino but did not seem to be too busy. I thought this to be an interesting metric regarding the Cunard/QM2 experience. I think there were approximately 2,700 passengers on board and when we landed in Southampton.....the entertainment director made the announcement that 337 of them had already signed up for the return trip back to NY.....that is over 12%.

Queen Mary II....it's all about the journey

Geoff T’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cunard Queen Mary 2 (QM2) price drops

Princess Suite
Cabin P2 1026
They had just completed a $ 125,000,000 remodeling of the ship in June of 2016 so everything was perfect. Jake our cabin steward was excellent in his attention to detail and service
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins