3. Celebrity Infinity
Having traveled on INFINITY twice before, my wife and I looked forward to this Pacific Coast Cruise on INFINITY. Unfortunately, we were very disappointed. We booked Concierge Class, but Celebrity did not deliver as advertised. Priority boarding only applied to the initial sign-up and receipt of Sea Pass. We were then directed to join all the other passengers waiting and given group number 19. When called, we wound through the terminal, waited to have our pictures taken and continued winding through the terminal. This is not priority boarding! Upon reaching our stateroom we observed the broken down hide-a-bed and the absence of promised "extras" to be provided Concierge passengers. The "dedicated" concierge was not available at his desk at the specified times. Concierge passengers were to have Priority Reservations in the main and specialty dining rooms. When I requested a reservation in the main dining room for 6:15 or 6:30, I was told the period from 6-8 was "blocked out" as so many passengers desired eating then! At the Tuscan Grill I made a reservation and requested a specific table. Again I was told they could not guarantee a specific table but to come early (before they opened) and stand in line to be first and then I could get the table i wished. This is Priority Reservations? As a result, my wife and I could see no advantage to having booked "Concierge Class". The food aboard was totally unremarkable. In the Main dining room, if you wanted a steak you could pas an additional $25! Really! Same in the Tuscan Grill. After paying a cover charge of $40 per person, New York Strip or Lobster was an additional $25 to $35. Wow! Rendezvous Lounge on previous cruises was a pleasant place to have a cocktail before dinner and listen to dance music or dance. This cruise there was "Trivia Quiz" each day before dinner. Cruise passengers were not dressed for dinner having just come aboard from shore or from on-board activities. Service in the Rendezvous Lounge was so poor that it was almost necessary to stand in line at the bar and get your own drinks. Also, "nibbles" were not provided as before. Entertainment was significantly below what we had come to expect on INFINITY. The was no Piano Bar anywhere at any time. Music other in the main theatre was totally lacking. Almost everyone we talked to expressed the same disappointment in the ship and felt that Celebrity had instituted too many coast saving actions. My wife and I had planned to cruise with INFINITY on a South American cruise in December of 2017. We will cancel that cruise and we will not cruise on INFINITY again and the jury s still out on Celebrity.

Dissapointing Pacific Coast Cruise on INFINITY

Newtocruszn’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Infinity price drops

Concierge Class 2
Cabin C2 8059
Old, tired. Couch (hide-a-bed) was damaged and uncomfortable to sit on. "Upgraded" towels were average Hotel quality at best. Nothing more than i would have expected in the least expensive cabin. "Plush, soft, upgraded" bathrobes were heaver than standard, but were not soft in any stretch of the imagination. Extra items promised for Concierge cabin were not in evidence, e.g., second hair dryer, embossed key holder, embossed note pad. Fruit provide in cabin consisted of 1 apple, 1 pear, and 1 orange, changed daily. We could have gotten more attractive and tasty fruit from the Sea View cafe. Afternoon canapes were ordered and delivered once. They were terrible. All in all, not worth the extra cost of Concierge Class over standard Veranda Class.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins