Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by Depressing

• Sail Date: Oct 2016
  • Destination: the Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Junior Suite with Balcony

We decided to go on a cruise as we had never been before and thought it would be something different. We choose Harmony of the Seas as it was one of the newer ships and it looked beautiful!

On first sight the ship looked beautiful and much bigger than expected! Boarding the ship was very efficient and hassle free with very helpful staff; we were in our room within half an hour. We had booked a junior suite which was spacious and very clean, our bags were delivered to our room very quickly by friendly staff - Paulo was to take care of our room for the duration of our stay, he was courteous and professional.

On exploring the ship we discovered if we wanted to dine in the main dining room we would need a reservation or else we would need to queue, we had paid for my time dining which at the time of booking we understood we could dine when we wanted - a complete waste of money!! When we eat in the dining room although the food was great it was cold due to the high volume of people, the waiting staff were courteous but often embarrassed by the long waiting time and dishes being returned. The buffet offered lots of variety but seating was difficult.

We made reservations to see the show Grease, arriving 20 minutes before the show started; when the doors opened the staff decided as the queue was so large they would let everyone in - resulting in chaos!! People with no reservations got to see the show while we along with many others couldn't get a seat! We approached a member of staff (along with many other disappointed guests) who after listening to our complaints said she would get the manager - she was seen slipping out a side door leaving many people angry and frustrated!! Our group (by now very large!) went to guest services to make our complaint - after a long wait the manager arrived with what only could be described as an arrogant attitude - we were later offered 5 percent off our next cruise!? Seriously!!!

On arrival at ports the embarkation/disembarkation was very efficient. The excursions were often very expensive - some costing €200 per person, some involved long bus rides so quite often we choose to do our own thing - this was a personal choice.

For the smokers! - although we had a balcony you were not allowed to smoke on it, the only smoking areas were in the casino where they had 8 allocated smoking seats or on the 15 floor, there was very limited smoking areas.

Probably the thing that angered me most! - the day we left the ship we stood in a very long queue to get a taxi, 4 staff members from the ship jumped the queue and when asked to take their place in the back of the queue they refused and laughed at passengers, their behaviour was totally unprofessional!

Before writing this review I contacted Royal Carribean with my complaint as I felt it would be fair to give them the chance to deal with issues before writing a review; I contacted them on October 27 and apart from receiving a confirmation of receipt of my email I have not heard from them - very poor customer service!!

Glad I tried it but wouldn't do it again!!!

Depressing's Full Rating Summary

Junior Suite with Balcony
Cabin JS 226

Spacious, bright and clean with great cabin staff (Paulo)

Depressing