• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Barbara.landino
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Oct 2016
Cabin: Deluxe Stateroom with French Balcony

We wanted to see the Normandy Beaches. That was a high point but all the stops along the Seine had their own appeal. Actually, travelling along the Seine during the day was a relaxing experience. I did some exercises on the top deck as the boat moved along. We enjoyed climbing to Richard's fortress in little LesAndelys. Rouen was fabulous. We had an entire day there. Honfleur was delightful. One Sunday we decided not to go on an excursion and walked the little town of Conflans, which was having its local market. I find that doing something very ordinary, like visiting a street market or goong to a "pharmacie" and interacting, makes me feel much closer to a place and immediately illustrates the differences in such a positive way.

All the local guides were excellent, especially Clarice, who took us through Versailles and thr Ile de la Cite. We had been there before but without such entertaining narrative.

The crew was excellent. The bar crew was friendly. I found that the crew remembered you day to day in a way I had not experienced on precious cruises. They would make conversation and joke around but never in a way that was too casual.

Deluxe Stateroom with French Balcony

Cabin B

This was an older ship but still intact, clean, well-maintained, and did I mention clean. Bedding has improved since my last cruise to mattress toppers and duvet arrangement.

Find an Avalon Creativity Cruise