3. Brilliance of the Seas
I joined my best friend, her mother, and her mother's best friend on this cruise. They were all repeat transatlantic cruisers, but this was my first time being recently retired. Our trip started with 5 days in Barcelona, a city that I truly fell in love with, and look forward to returning to. The people, the food, the culture, the artistry, and the history were amazing. We embarked on a Monday and it was the quickest boarding process I have participated in. It helped that all the forms needed were completed before boarding. Our cabin was a balcony room and was very clean, but the beds were together and I needed a plug for my CPAP machine and the closest one I found was across the room on the vanity. One quick call to our room attendant had the beds separated and an extension cord neatly taped out of the way to access the plug. Our room attendant was exceptional in meeting our every need; from providing me with a bag of ice to ease a muscle spasm to recognizing the extra organizers we had brought. My friend had suction cup hooks and a rod to attach to the mirror for hand towels, and he replaced them there when needed. He was diligent in paying attention to when we were in and out of the cabin, and took care of things while we were out and about. Cruises are known for their food and this cruise did not disappoint. We ate at the 6:00 sitting in the Dining Room at a table for ten. Two of the ladies initially assigned to our table only spoke French, but after the first night they were reassigned to a French speaking table. Our two waiters were so much fun. The learned quickly I liked my ice tea with dinner and coffee with dessert, so it simply appeared by the end of the cruise. I also enjoyed eating in the dining room for lunch while we were at sea, because they had an amazing salad bar set up. The entertainment was great, but I really enjoyed being a part of the Brilliance Choir. The asked for passengers to volunteer to sing in a choir while on board. We had three practices led by the four ship singers. It was really fun to get to know other passengers, but also the cruise performers on a more personal level, and we actually sounded pretty good. Truly the service on this cruise was exceptional on all levels, which is why I would definitely cruise the transatlantic again.

Service with a Smile