3. River Beatrice
I want to start by saying that I take writing reviews seriously. As of this writing I have 18,895 Trip advisor readers that have read my reviews. This is my first review on Cruise critic.. We booked a trip on the Uniworld cruise "Enchanting Danube" in September with two other couples. To say the trip was a disaster is an understatement...but more importantly Uniworld's management handling of the issues shows a total disregard for their passengers. I would NOT recommend using this company. The day we boarded the ship there was a known problem that prevented this ship from proceeding through the first bridge. Had we been informed that there was a possibility that this ship would never make the first scheduled stop or any stops for that matter, we could have made other arrangements and quite possibly cancel and reschedule our trip. The boat's management poorly communicated in the first few days and developed solutions that either required sitting on a bus tour for over two hours or sitting on the stationary boat. For those of you who are not familiar with a Uniworld cruise, there is nothing to do when sitting on the boat during the day. The boat management seemed clueless as to what to do. One day all passengers we ordered to stay on the boat. We were shocked that the management team did not try to offer something to entertain the passengers...wine tasting, bringing additional massage therapists as the one therapist was booked everyday, music on the deck, cooking class etc. After a few days, Uniworld realized that they could not proceed with the cruise. They called a meeting at 6PM and informed the passengers that they would have to disembark by 8:30 AM the following morning to begin a bus tour. Everyone had to pack that night and wake up early to leave the ship. A member of our party gets sick when traveling on a bus which is why we chose to do a river cruise in the first place. We could not agree to do the bus tour. We demanded that Uniworld find us a car service to take us to Prague, the last stop on our trip. They reluctantly agreed. We wanted to just go home. To make a long story short, Uniworld did not provide a rivercruise...they provided a bus tour. They knew of these issues when we boarded the boat and did not adequately communicate with the passengers. We never had a river cruise. Then when complaints arose, they sent a note stating."we have offered each guest a 50% per person refund of the cruise base fare (less all discounts), the category upgrade (if applicable), and port taxes, as well as a Future Cruise Credit of 50% off of the base cruise fare and category upgrade (subject to availability and excluding suites) in our 2016, 2017 or 2018 sailing seasons." On a $24K trip we received $7,200 for our troubles. Our travel agent and I reached out to the President of Uniworld with no adequate resolution. After 45 days of getting the run around I give up. I paid for a river cruse and was offered a bus tour that we could not do because a member of our party gets sick on buses. Some additional information, I would not recommend a Uniworld tour unless you are in your late 70's or early 80's. After dinner entertainment is like Bill Murray imitating a lounge singer on Saturday night live. Most people were sleeping by 9:30. I think this says it all. BEWARE!!!!!

Disappointing Danube

River Beatrice Cruise Review by Phyllisi

• Sail Date: September 2016
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Stateroom with French Balcony

On a $24K trip we received $7,200 for our troubles.

I think this says it all. BEWARE!!!!!
Phyllisi’s Full Rating Summary
Get Uniworld River Beatrice price drops

Stateroom with French Balcony
We had a room with a butler. It was very nice.
Rhine Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins