3. Nieuw Amsterdam
Overall it was a great cruise, probably the worst weather we have ever had on a cruise but we are not beach people so additional days at sea was fine. We missed Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay due to high seas and winds. The service, food, ship was top notch, as we expect from HAL. My DH said entertainment was good even though he only went to 2 shows. I loved the casino and saw some old faces from pass cruises. Embarkation and disembarkation was slow which was not typical for HAL but when there are mechanical failures you can't fault the staff. They quickly repaired and we moved through as usual. Dining room service seemed slower than usual but we were with a group of 26 people and staff served us all at one time. Pinnacle and Canaletto was excellent, will do them again. Our only concern was I misplaced my sunglasses in the cabin and never found them. I reported it to Guest Services and the room Steward. I have read on CC boards that other guests had items missing from their cabins, this is cause for alarm and needs to be addressed by HAL.

Nieuw Amsterdam 10/23/2016

retdon’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam price drops

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VA 8078
AC was not cooling and we called to have it checked out. The staff removed the filters and opened the dampers up and it improved.

Everything in the cabin was fine.

I lost my sunglasses in the cabin and never found them. We reported this to Guest Services and our Steward, hope they turn up.
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins