3. Norwegian Epic
Chose this cruise for the second time as I was traveling solo and really liked the itinerary. Enjoyed the trip the last time I did it and for the most part enjoyed this cruise too. Met some lovely people in the lounge and there is always someone looking to have you join a group for dinner. So make sure to go to the lounge prior to 6 pm if you want to join the groups and meet people. My only huge issue was the cabin location. I was in 12350 and my mistake was not verifying what was next to it. There was a large mechanical room (A/C) and it was loud in the cabin. I was very disappointed and almost walked off the ship but guest services did help out after about 3 attempts to discuss it with them. They did move me to 11500 which was a little quieter but there was a housekeeping cabin next to it and you could hear things moving around when the seas were rough. Then the last night I had to move back to the cabin as someone was coming on board for that room. It was a little bit of a hassle, packing and unpacking. I kind of think the solo cabins overall seem to be a little louder in the hallways, etc. Other floors didn't appear to be as loud in the hallways either. I did have the beverage package for all types of beverages. Honestly, I thought the cost which was just the tax and tips was a pretty good deal. Also, bought some WIFI which was a little pricey for how slow the connection speed can be but I needed to be able to check in at home. Had the speciality package for three meals. Cagneys was yummy and highly recommend it. Also did the Teppanayki (SP) with a few people and that was fun too. Did do the Cirque show which the show was good but the food was just okay. I thought the food was good. Believe the dining room Manhattan is nicer than Taste for the free meals. We did have dinner in the Asian restaurant which was okay. I heard the noodles were better than the "chinese food". It was nice to have something made to order. O'Sheehans isn't bad either for a quick bit. Like the location and atmosphere. If you are expecting Celebrity type service this isn't the cruise for you. Overall most employees were pleasant and felt the ship was maintained fine. My cabin steward for 12350 was non existent. The cabin steward for 11500, she was good and no complaints. Just a side note for people who don't know how to go through a buffet. Use a clean plate every time. And if you touch a plate and don't want it then find a server to take it away.

Overall a Good Cruise on the Epic in the Solo Cabins

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Nalacalli

Nalacalli’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Studio
Cabin T1 12350
Don't book it. I was in 12350 and my mistake was not verifying what was next to it. There was a large mechanical room (A/C) and it was loud in the cabin. I was very disappointed and almost walked off the ship but guest services did help out after about 3 attempts to discuss it with them. They did move me to 11500 which was a little quieter but there was a housekeeping cabin next to it and you could hear things moving around when the seas were rough. Then the last night I had to move back to the cabin as someone was coming on board for that room. It was a little bit of a hassle, packing and unpacking. I kind of think the solo cabins overall seem to be a little louder in the hallways, etc. Other floors didn't appear to be as loud in the hallways either.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• City Tour
    I thought the guide was terrible. She just wasn't prepared and kept starting and stopping her monologue. It was annoying.
    View All 249 City Tour Reviews
  • Cannes
    I like this city. Just to walk around and look at the sights. By this time you are often tired of the long excursion days so this is fun to do as just a relaxing visit.
    View All 494 Cannes Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cannes Cruise Port Review
  • Florence & Pisa Tour
    We had a group of 8 people and drove down to Pisa first for a short visit. On to Florence and had a visit to the Hill to see the city. We went into Florence and had lunch (this might have taken a little too much time away). Some did the Accademia and others just walked around. This is a good city to do a little shopping etc.
    View All 241 Florence & Pisa Tour Reviews
  • City Tour
    Our guide was great. He loved his city and it showed. The electric bike tour was fun to do. Still have to pedal but the bikes "assist you". Would love to go back to Marseille. The port is ugly but once you are off the port very lovely.
    View All 60 City Tour Reviews
  • Amalfi Coast
    We had a group of 7 people and drove down the Amalfi Coast and ended back up and Pompeii with a private guide. Would recommend this as a way to go as the cost is cheaper than a bus of 40 people.
    View All 262 Amalfi Coast Reviews
  • City Tour
    We had a group of 8 people and drove down to Rome. Had skip the line tickets for the Colosseum. A few had a private guide for the Vatican while the rest did their own thing. It cost me 80 euros for a private tour. Can't beat the price. We were back to the ship by 5 pm.
    View All 320 City Tour Reviews