3. Scenic Opal
Our cruise consisted of 14 nights cruising from Budapest to Amsterdam with three days at either end in Prague and Paris. We chose this cruise because Scenic was recommended to us by quite a few people. The fact that everything is included appealed to us. The timing of the cruise enabled us to get business class flights for a much cheaper price, otherwise we may have chosen to cruise in warmer weather. However, the cold weather and quite a few rainy days didn't detract from our experience. We found the ship to be most comfortable with adequate room to relax without being surrounded by people all the time. The cabins were well appointed with quality bedding, toiletries and storage space. The balcony was wonderful to enjoy some time out with a glass of wine. We found all of the staff very helpful and accommodating. Nothing was too much trouble. If anyone found fault with the food provided, they would be hard to please. It was varied, plentiful (maybe too plentiful judging by my shrunken clothing) and of good quality. I took a galley tour towards the end of the cruise and was amazed at what the kitchen staff could accomplish in such a confined area. Day excursions were for the most part well organised and of good quality. My only wish is that maybe some of the walking tours were shorter and had less of the history (which I couldn't retain anyway) and more time to explore areas in our own time. I sometimes felt that we spent too much in some places and not enough in others. I understand though that in 14 days you can really only get a glimpse of so many cities and towns. Overall, I would certainly recommend and travel with Scenic again. Being a luxury cruise I particularly enjoyed the concept of unpacking only once and having your every need taken care of. A wonderful experience!

Autumn Cruising on the Danube

Scenic Opal Cruise Review by Ange10

Ange10’s Full Rating Summary
Get Scenic Opal price drops

I found the cabin to be spacious enough for all of our belongings. The ensuite, although compact, was well designed. The shower head/recess was of good quality and design. There was plenty of wardrobe space for the length of the cruise.

Desk space was tight but enough for what we needed to do. The balcony was roomy enough for two to sit in comfort. The TV wasn't used often but it was mounted on the wall and a good size. Overall, the cabin was a very comfortable space to return to after a day of exploring.