3. Carnival Paradise
We chose this cruise because it was over my reading week, so I wouldn't be missing any classes. Originally it was just going to be my mom and I, but then my younger sister decided to join us. There were 3 of us in an interior cabin. It never felt cramped. Out of the 5 days, if you add up the number of hours of sun it was only probably a full day of sun. That was fine. Didn't bother us. At least we could still go outside. It rained most nights and a day or two. The last day, which was a sea day, was very weird. It is hard to explain but the weather was just different and even the crew were commenting on how they hadn't had weather like this their whole contract. I'm not saying to avoid this ship or this sailing because of that. Not at all. This ship, the Carnival Paradise, was one of the ships where we walked on board and our jaws hit the floor. She was a beautiful ship. The decor was amazing. And like all ships she had a little wear and tear, but nothing major, other than the one glass elevator didn't work most of the trip. The Ports of Call on this sailing were to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. We went to Hell in Grand Cayman, where it rained. (It rained the last time we were there too, which was August 2013 on Freedom of the Seas). We were there from 8am to 3pm (i believe) Cozumel was amazing. I got the name on my anchor necklace redone as it had faded. We got more vanilla and a few other souvenirs and then headed back to the ship. We were in port late, so it was dark by the time we sailed away. We were there from 10am to 8pm. On the last sea day I did the Behind the Fun tour. It was amazing and I felt at home. (Ships are my other home). I want to work on cruise ships after college and I really felt like I belonged there after the tour. And I can see myself doing what the Entertainment Crew does. All in all, the ship and crew were amazing!! I would definitely recommend this cruise if you want a relaxing 4/5 days. Calvyn the cruise director was amazing. He is going to be an Entertainment Director next year. His assistant cruise director, Melody has recently been promoted to Cruise Director, so this is their last contract working together in their current roles.

Girls Only Trip

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by Calm Blue Ocean

The Ports of Call on this sailing were to Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

Calm Blue Ocean’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Get Carnival Paradise price drops

Interior
Cabin 4B M49
Loved the cabin and a room steward, Javier. He took really good car of us.

There were 3 of us in the cabin and it never felt crowded. We were in an interior on Main Deck (deck 5), Cabin M49.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins