3. Carnival Vista
This was our third transatlantic cruise and I must say it did not compare with the two previous ones. It started the first night when I purchased a wine package. The waiter did not tell me that if I waited one night I would not have to pay a 10% Barcelona sales tax. It would have been cheaper to buy the wine individually. The main dining room was divided into little spaces which I assume made it more intimate.Instead you are behind the giant pillars and can't see anything. The tables do not have table cloths and are made of brown arborite which you see in any local diner. The meals were not bad although I did not see a steak on the menu without paying extra. The main theatre was high tech with all the lights and affects and in fact was very effective. However, sitting anywhere in the balcony left you behind a pillar, too far back to see the entire stage, looking around people in front of you while constantly looking through plexiglass. I guess I must be getting old because the adult comedy is too often about sex acts I am not interested in hearing about. The hot tub on the Serentity deck was getting colder by the day during the trip. I finally got hold of the engineer after many calls and waiting. He took the temperature of the water and stated that even though it was 90 F they could not increase the temperature because of health regulations. I have never heard of that and do not appreciate being lied to. To add a final insult I went down the water slide and ended up stopping dead twice in the tube. Not much fun if you are claustrophobic. One of the maintenance guys said there is not enough water pumped through if the ship lists. The TV channels were European news channels and we did not get any US channels until the last three days and even then they kept cutting out.

Irritants Keep Happening