3. Seven Seas Explorer
Regent Explorer October 11 - October 22, 2016 The pre-cruise hotel: The hotel was adequate but nothing that I would classify as “Luxurious”. The rooms, small and basic in design were clean and the baths modern. The Fitness Center was certainly not worth the additional fee of 20 Euro. The Divani Caravel is a tour bus hotel, not the luxurious hotel described in the Regent marketing collateral. The cruise check-in: Transportation to the ship was well organized. The check in process for the cruise was efficient and very straightforward. My cabin was available at 2:30 as I was told it would be upon boarding. In the meantime we enjoyed a beautiful lunch on the deck at La Veranda. The cabin: I booked a Concierge E suite, it is beautifully decorated, large and light, with a spacious closet (huge improvement over the Seven Seas Mariner) and storage to spare! The bath has double sinks and a tub/shower as well as a separate shower. The suite also features an oversized deck. The bed was so comfortable that I hated having to leave it in the morning! The restaurants: Each of the specialty restaurants are beautifully decorated and the main dining room Compass Rose has been retuned with dividers to offer a more private dining experience if desired. Table 93 was our favorite as we were a group of seven. The lighting fixtures, decor, table and glassware are all amazing and very different in each restaurant. The food, the wines, the staff, and the service can be summed up in one word, exceptional! The staff: I commend whoever does the hiring for Regent as the staff for both of the Regent cruises that I have been on has been excellent. It was great to recognize many staff from the Seven Seas Mariner aboard the Explorer. Everyone is friendly and welcoming and eager to make your time aboard a memorable one. This includes the officers, the room stewards/stewardesses, the waitstaff, the Canyon Ranch Spa employees, the Reception and Destination staff and virtually anyone I came in contact with. The spa: The Canyon Ranch spa is quite amazing! Located on Deck 6, both men’s and women's locker rooms open on to a private deck with an infinity pool. The locker rooms each contain an aromatherapy steam room, infrared sauna, a cold room and an experience shower (I am still not sure what that means). I recommend that you book your massage appointments well in advance of departure as they fill up very fast! I can’t recommend Stefan more highly! The gym is very well equipped with band new machines and cardio equipment, however the layout seems to have left a lot of wasted space and a better design could have made available more space for group classes. The culinary school: What fun! Highly recommended! In the class that I attended Executive Chef Kathryn Kelly taught us recipes from the Mediterranean together with wine pairings. These onboard classes prove that learning can be entertaining and FUN! The excursions: I am not an excursion person. My dislike of excursions was re-enforced on the first excursion that I took on Corfu. It was disappointing and no fun being trapped on a bus while listening to a tour guide who felt that even a moment of silence was a total waste! Corfu looked to be beautiful but this excursion to Achilleon Palace spent too much time at the Palace (over rated) and our time in old Corfu was far too short. I only did one more excursion and it was much better. The rating: My experience on the Regent Seven Seas Explorer has been wonderful. I cannot think of a thing that I would change or try to improve upon! If you are considering a cruise on the Regent Seven Seas Explorer you will not be disappointed! I rate it Five Stars and if I could I would rate it Six Stars!

Experience of a lifetime!

Seven Seas Explorer Cruise Review by ActiveTravelerBoston

Regent Explorer

October 11 - October 22, 2016

ActiveTravelerBoston’s Full Rating Summary
Get Seven Seas Explorer price drops

• Achilleion Palace
    Guide that talked non stop, travelled through poorest part of Corfu to get to the palace, palace run down and filthy, grounds in horrible shape. Very disappointing
    View All 50 Achilleion Palace Reviews