3. Magellan
We took this cruise as it was convenient to our home and needed a break. We have cruised for 20 years and have never experienced such a miserable cruise. 5 hours late in departing which we understand can't be helped. The ship then went back to Antwerp which they said was due to bad weather. We were due to go to Gibraltar and therefore missed out Lanzarote. We picked up a lady and a child who were family cruise members. The ship is advertised as child free! I was told that they would only be allowed in crew areas but they went anywhere in the ship and disturbed guests.Trades description! The cruise was supposed to be festive. The Christmas dinner was disgusting and no one had heard of mince pies or Christmas pudding. Decorations were non existent. The staff worked hard but were restricted by the appalling management. The cruise home was through the Bay of Biscay in a force 9 gale. Necessitating the use of a helicopter to lift off injured folk. Many folk, including the child and mother had left in Lisbon as they were aware that the Bay was going to be very rough. In fact folk had been leaving throughout the cruise as food and entertainment was the worst we have ever experienced. Cruise Maritime refused to accept that it had been a disastrous cruise and wanted folk to go through the trouble of ABTA because they know that guests were so fed up they couldn't be bothered. I can only sum up by saying that it may have been a one off terrible cruise. They knew it was well below accepted standards and should have held up their hands and apologised. I would never cruise with this company again. After cruising with most companies I feel able to classify thus company as deceptive and having no care for their guests. My advise is just don't trust them. They want your money but not are prepared to provide the basic services.

Although late due to correspondence with Cruise Maritime it needs to be said

Magellan Cruise Review by poppies 39

poppies 39’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cruise & Maritime Voyages Magellan price drops

We asked for a double bed. Two singles were supplied. We asked for this to be rectified. Nothing was done and when we did it ourselves there was so much rubbish and dirt behind the bed. The safe didn't work and took five visits to reception to get it rectified. Reception were very inefficient.