3. Norwegian Epic
I was crusing with my MIL - 83yrs. my two sons - 19 & 10 and my husband - 61, I'm 48 yrs. We had to accommodate such a range of tastes, that after checking our options NCL seemed to give us flexibility and cater for everyone. (I was as keen on the waterslides as my sons :-) This ship was everything that we all wanted. We had two mini suites 11247 & 12245. No problem with the bathroom setup as we were all aware of it before we boarded. It is, what it is. I liked that the shower, sink and toilet were all seperate to be honest. It meant no one was hogging the bathroom! Before that, we got our taxi to the port at 10.35am arriving at the Port at 11am. The check in was a complete breeze! I had no idea it would be so quick and organised - no queuing there must have been 30 check in desks at least! After check in, we had a card with a number for boarding, we were number 4. They didn't board you before you noon, or 12.30pm but we still weren't waiting for any length of time and we were off. Straight up to the top deck and my son was changed and the first one the waterslide, quickly followed by a few other kids. Hubby, MIL and I were straight on the Sangria's - we had begun! The top deck quickly filled up and everyone had stopped looking around and came up for a drink and a party atmosphere soon ensued, brilliant. Anyway, our suites were spacious and loads and loads of storage space! We couldn't fill it all if it we tried... The only time the cabin was cramped was the first night when my son wanted to sleep in the bed that came down from the ceiling. He didn't like it very much and never returned to that one, choosing the sofa bed instead. Balcony's were small and confirned IMO but nice for a morning coffee if nothing else. The dining options were plentiful, you didn't need to book although we did a few times to stop MIL having to maybe wait around. Noodle bar was excellent, we quickly became favourites of the Sheenans pub for their amazing chicken wings and breakfast every morning. Taste was good and the buffet was faultless. We also paid the $25 for the Teppenyaki with my oldest son one night - Oh my! It was A May Zing! Definitely being doing that again. Bars were great too, Prosecco was standard on the Ultimate drinks package as was Australian Shiraz, much to my husbands delight - good brands as well. Grey goose was standard!!! You couldn't fault the selection. Cocktails over $15 were chargable - so don't pick them! enough choice without them... We paid to go to the Cirque De Soliel dinner. Paid for premium seats and it was fabulous - they didn't stop at all during the dinner. Burn the Floor was good - not great, I was expecting a bit more from them to be honest, being a Strictly Come Dancing fan... Priscilla Queen of the Desert was good too, they all worked very hard. The casino was great, loved playing blackjack some nights. My hubby liked the poker, but didn't win much. My MIL tried the bingo - she didn't like how you had to push the numbers out and the pay out was shocking! This was one of my few negatives to be honest. When you pay for games like Bingo and Deal of no Deal - there payout is shocking... You have to watch all the other machines and entertainment around too. All chargable so make sure your child ISN'T allowed to charge with their card... Pool was $2 a game, bowling $7 per person per game. Video games and such like were all $1 a go. Soon adds up by the way. The service was great, but we choose to remove tips from our bills at guest services and pay our own. I couldn't afford $13.50 x 5 people x 7 nights, that's excessive to me... We only actually got off the ship once. We couldn't afford for 5 us to do excursions, far too expensive to book the shop ones anyway. We choose to stay onboard and enjoy the waterslides, hot tubs and pool. At one point my son and I were in the hot tub in the rain - it was fab :-) My other concern when cruising for the first time was how you disembark. We found out that you had to get luggage tags two days before with a colour code for the time. The latest time tags - 9am were the first to go. But, then I found out you could disembark when you wanted and just take your luggage with you! This is what we did. This was we kept all our luggage, didn't need to pack some and keep some and we walked off... Would I do it again? Hell yes, booking for next December now for the Epic again in the Caribbean - just hubby and I for my 50th Birthday. So excited already!

Loved it, loved it, loved it!

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by ladyref

Priscilla Queen of the Desert was good too, they all worked very hard.

ladyref’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Family Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin M4 12245
Great, loads of storage space, amazing view from the balcony.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins