3. Empress of the Seas
This was our first cruise, so we had nothing to compare it to. The unfortunate timing of the rough waters made it pretty much suck. Being the smallest ship, it rocked back and forth and up and down 24/7. Which ruined any excitement or enthusiasm one would have for the experience. Of course everyone we meet from cub cruisers to veteran cruisers said it was the worst cruise (as far as being tossed about) that they had been on and not to let it ruin our desire to go on others. But when you're eating breakfast and the dishes, apples and plexiglass protector come flying off the buffet because of the ship's rocking, one has to understand why we didn't enjoy the cruise. However, with that being said, it's not royal caribbean's fault the waters were really rocky. So here's my opinion of the onboard ship experience. Food and service was fabulous While the ship is the oldest, i felt it was maintained and keep up well. Entertainment was so-so. Magician and hypnotist were lame but the dancers and whitney houston tribute were great. Especially the ballroom dance couple. I felt that royal caribbean spends too much effort on hacking their wares, whether it's pictures every time you turn around. (i was almost expecting a photographer in the toilet to capture my first bm while on the ship:) clearance sales from the gifts shops, bingo cards...just lighten up on the sales royal caribbean and focus more on the customer's happiness and you'll get more sales. Worst part of the trip (besides the rocky waters) was the fact that our stateroom was directly above the ceiling speakers for the theater below. So every night we heard every show, dance, game, party as if it was in our bathroom. Kept us awake almost every night. Called one night and complained the next day and it wasn't acknowledge. I'm sure everyone who gets those rooms complains each trip so they're used to it. Would i take another one? Well it's going to have to be a huge ship with lots of port stops and not a lot of days at sea. Oh and heres one big money saving tip... We stayed at the la quinta inn at the airport and they offer free parking during the entire cruise and even take you to the port for free. The return trip costs $10 per person. I WAS EXPECTING TO PAY $20 A DAY AT THE PORT GARAGE, SO NEEDLESS TO SAY I WAS EXTREMELY HAPPY TO SAVE $100

The smallest and oldest ship in the fleet which is why we tossed about all week

Empress of the Seas Cruise Review by SamuelClemens

Food and service was fabulous

While the ship is the oldest, i felt it was maintained and keep up well.

SamuelClemens’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Empress of the Seas price drops

Cabin was clean and made up several times a day. No complaints about the look or cleanliness of it.

The fact that it was above the ceiling speakers of the theater below, made it a terrible choice of cabins.
  Empress of the Seas Deck Plans

• Snorkeling
    Wasn't sure about the weather so we didn't book with the ship. Walked around Cozumel, had lunch and then the sun came out and decided to snorkel. Walked the pier got a local company to take us out to the same place as the ship's snorkeling excursion and it only cost $100 for two which was $50 cheaper than booking from the ship.
    View All 438 Snorkeling Reviews