3. Carnival Pride
This was our 2nd time on the Pride but our experience did not rate as well as the last time. However, the lower rating was not the fault of the staff onboard the ship and primarily is aimed at Carnival's corporate policies. The Good: 1. Our room steward, Anak, was wonderful. She did an excellent job! 2. Our wait staff was excellent!! At the Sea Day Brunch, we were lucky to get CoCo as our waitress. She was our head waitress for dinner on our first Carnival Pride cruise and we absolutely loved her! She goes above and beyond. Our dinner time wait staff, Jose Luis and Regalado, were a joy each night. They work very hard and I can't begin to express how much we appreciated their good service. 3. This ship is always clean and even though it's a smaller ship it never felt crowded. 4. There are 3 pools, multiple hot tubs and two waterslides. 5. Grand Turk was wonderful and we love the Margaritaville pool area. Why is it only a stop until 2:30??? Can't that become a 5:00pm stop The Bad: 1. This was booked as an "Eastern Caribbean Cruise" with stops at Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Freeport. A.) Freeport was still closed due to Hurricane Matthew but instead of Carnival sending us to another port they gave us another "Fun Day at Sea". (Which by the way, ended up not being so fun since the seas were so rocky that none of the water slides were open and the pools weren't in very good shape due to the rocking). The only compensation that Carnival gave it's guests was to refund port fees for Freeport! B.) The captain cancelled our stop to Half Moon Cay due to it being unsafe to tender since the seas were rough and instead routed us to Nassau. We were suppose to get into Nassau at 1pm but instead didn't get in until 2pm. When the announcement came that it HMC was cancelled, I rushed down to shore excursions to book us for something at Nassau. I was given an option of a private island beach afternoon w/bbq lunch. The next morning, I receive a letter saying that the excursion was cancelled. So my 10 year old son who could care less about shopping (and his father felt the same way), got to spend the day shopping in Nassau. AGAIN Carnival gave no type of onboard credit or compensation. Essentially, in 7 days, we got 1 good stop (Grand Turk which was only until 2:30). I understand that safety prevented us from going to HMC BUT I believe that Carnival had plenty of notice about what the seas were going to be doing since the Miami news was reporting rip tide issues for days extending from Florida to the Bahamas. I think that all passengers should have been given some type of onboard credit compensation since we only got 1 out of 3 ports.

2nd Time on the Pride

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by mlstat97

• Sail Date: October 2016
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Extended Balcony

The Good:

1. Our room steward, Anak, was wonderful. She did an excellent job!

4. There are 3 pools, multiple hot tubs and two waterslides.

The Bad:

mlstat97’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 10 to 12
Get Carnival Pride price drops

Extended Balcony
Cabin 8K 7175
The Good---Our cabin steward, Anak, was wonderful! She did an excellent job! We love the location of cabin 7175. About half way between the forward elevators or the mid-ship elevator and only 2 floors below the Lido deck buffet so if you want to walk instead of taking the elevators. We like having the extended balcony.
The Bad---The décor is outdated in our opinion and looking worn. The TV was a tube style instead of a flat screen.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins