3. Crystal Serenity
First you fly into Montreal and get to your hotel about 5 after being on the road since 5 am. The meet and greet is a bevy of repetitive tables in the lobby of the baggage area after YOIU put your luggage in a bin for transport at the baggage handlers discretion. Crystal Serenity is a nice ship but shows are terrible for what I am paying them to cruise. WiFi is outlandishly high again for what I paid for the cruise. Remember STARBUCKS gives you free WiFi and you don't have to buy anything. Two of the 5 ports were terrible. School buses were used to transport people to shore excursion places from ship. Did I pay for school buses at the price I paid? And the two towns stopped at in Canada had maybe 45000 people combined. Each had 1 main street with many shops, more souvenir stores than anything, one traffic light and NO visible gas stations on Main Street. One town had a "Dollar Store" which was famous for being only one in the area. One town had a Catholic Basilica that had only two masses all year for Catholic residents b/c Archdiocese sub-divided the town area into 5 parishes and left out the Basilica. Now you can rent it for weddings, funerals and concerts. One town lost over 2000 people who migrated to big towns to be with children who had gone off to college. Bar Harbor was a nice quaint old rich town with 60 room/26 bathroom cottages for the Rockerfellers and Gettys. More souvenir shops than anything else. One major thing was that the cruise line DID NOT NOTIFY PASSENGERS OF CRUISE CRITIC MEET AND GREET. I found out second hand and told another who didn't get the message- 8 people showed up. Speciality restaurants were excellent as was the regular dining room food. They accommodated us when we asked to have something that wasn't on the menu but was available according to a Matre D. Also a great positive for "Single" travelers was a table of 8 JUST FOR SINGLES (that was one reason I took the cruise company again. The staff were not real friendly. No one I met offered to say "hello" or "Good Morning, afternoon or evening as the walked past you rapidly and bold you over if you were in their way. Very Rude. The major productions were terrible- lip-synched, costumes that didn't fit, dancers not in step w/one another. The "singer" in the piano bar was hideous. He screamed into the mike, never sang a song but talked it through every once in a while trying to carry a tune. There were maybe 10 people tops any night. On a previous cruise this same piano bar was overflowing with folks who "Sang along with the guy" and the crowd was much more into singing which is what a piano bar is all about. I am booked again in January with the same ship and I certainly hope I can give a better review then. I hope my critique to Crystal isn read and doesn't get thrown in File 19. If Cruise Critic is paying for these Meet and Greets or is sponsoring them through the cruise lines they need to look into the lack of cooperation from the cruise lines to accommodate their clients. On the big companies, RCL, Carnival, Norwegian etc they handle business for Meet and Greets very well. I Travel alone, had a great cabin and cabin steward, probably the best part of the trip outside of the food prep and presentation (I lost 2 pounds on the trip but ate well and left full after each meal).

Too little for so much

lasportsnut’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crystal Serenity price drops

Deluxe Stateroom with Verandah
Cabin A2 9145
Nice cabin, limited walking space, plenty of storage space, maid service excellent
Seabreeze Deck Balcony Cabins