Nautica Cruise Review

Nautica Cruise Review by jonnyza

• Sail Date: Oct 2016
  • Destination: the Western Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

Let me start off by saying WOW!!

I have sailed on other cruise lines to more local destinations in South Africa so it wasn't my first time @ the rodeo BUT my experience on the Oceania Nautica was nothing short of mind blowing!!

Embarkation and dis-embarkation were easy breezy, previous experiences on other cruises led me to dread these two activities and in fact I had nothing to worry about.

It is a boutique cruise with roughly 500 - 600 guests so you make friends very easily.

We stayed in a Veranda suite and the cabin was a good size with enough hanging space for clothes. The bathroom was a bit of a low point really as was the shower curtain but I have had much worse on other cruises. It was compact as to be expected but I felt like it could have been better. Friends of our in higher priced suites had much better bathrooms though.

The Ship has two specialty restaurants on board as well as on deck Cafe, a Buffet restaurant and the "Grand Dining Room".

There are two official Bars as well as a Lounge where they had evening shows which also had a bar.

You can smoke in a dedicated Smoking Area in the top Bar as well as a certain area on deck.

The Food is UNBELIEVABLE, every meal was just divine. I especially loved the 4 - 6 course meals we had in the Grand Dining hall with lots of wine between each course.

Everyone we spoke too commented on how good the food was with comments like "The best cuisine @ sea" being spoken,

The Casino was okay has few old machines but I feel it could have an upgrade.

The staff were delightful at the restaurants and bars but we found the reception staff to be a little cold.

We made such lovely friends on board and didn't want to leave :( To me a cruise is the absolute best as you unpack once and a new city or country comes to you every day.

I can't wait for our next trip!!!

jonnyza's Full Rating Summary

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B2 6009

Florence Walking Tour

The idea around this cruise is for them to organise a Bus that takes you to Florence where you are left on your own for four hours thereafter they fetch you and take you to Pisa for an hour. I guess it was okay, I found waiting for other people to come back to the bus a little annoying.

View All 136 Florence Walking Tour Reviews