3. Norwegian Dawn
The Pros: Excellent food, productions, activities and the ship was very clean! The new renovations were lovely, and items that needed to be fixed were being attended to. I assume they are listening to folks' comments! So-So: I would refrain from the specialty restaurants if you expect to be wowed. I was more wowed with the buffet. Long lines despite reservations and little attention to detail at Teppanyaki and Moderno made it a mediocre experience. Cons: Some staff members were surprisingly rude! In the Mandara Spa and the Java Café, I encountered tired and short-tempered staff. The housekeeping and waiters/waitresses were wonderful, but those that deal with problems or intricate orders are not pleasant at all. I was very surprised. Scrunched-up faces and a holier-than-thou attitude does not earn repeat business. Why are customers questioned? Customer service is about service, not quick fixes or ignoring requests. If towels are out or water is warm, why would someone walk away with a groan and a headshake? Are they understaffed? I smiled and even had a sing-song voice when I made the request! *sigh* Mandara: If you book a free "pamper party" and show up, the "computer" may book you for a haircut, facial or other spa package - all after you are told it's complimentary. This happened twice (to my brother and to myself). We paid over $300 for things we were told were free. That is shady business Norwegian! Java Café: Wow! I ordered an iced coffee and got something entirely different. When Ramon (I assume to be a bar manager) brought it over, I told him that it was not what I ordered. He became rude, short and pretty much yelled at me as I walked away. I gave the café another try and he was still quite angry at me for his getting my order wrong. Poor, poor service. Guest Relations: After signing a request not to have other people's charges put upon my account, I still received charges for folks in my party. Even though I signed the form, and the charges were made after the form was signed, the guest relations staff refused to reverse the charges. They admitted that all the above were true. Again, calling it a "computer" problem. "Sorry, there is nothing we can do." Are you kidding me? I actually had to pay for my brother's charges. Once again, way to be nickel and dimed. If I had known that I would be charged for such crazy things even though I covered my bases, I would not have booked with Norwegian. I was very disappointed in their customer service.

Nickel and Dimed

HerSpirit’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Inside
Cabin IF 10711
This handicapped cabin was spacious and quiet. The two double beds are separated and can be pushed together. A green couch pulls out to reveal the ability for two people to sleep on it horizontally - this was a little awkward.

The beds are comfy and there is enough room to turn a scooter around. A great room for the mobility impaired!
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Catamaran Cruise
    Great experience and beautiful snorkeling adventure combined with rum swizzles and water-sports toys made this another unforgettable experience.

On the negative side, Squid, the captain, was snarky as usual. He likes to make fun of folks and pick on their lack of knowledge about Bermuda, the sea or sailing. I wish he would remember that not everyone knows what he knows. Our questions sound silly, so get off your high-horse and have a rum swizzle.
    View All 96 Catamaran Cruise Reviews