Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by David9713

• Sail Date: Oct 2016
  • Destination: the Western Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Grand Suite with Balcony

This is my sixth cruise and second this year on Royal Caribbean. The first one this year was on Allure of the Seas in a Sky Class Suite and this most recent cruise was also in a Sky Class Suite. The ship, room and room steward were great. In fact the whole crew was really outstanding. Most of our meals were in the Suite Lounge or specialty restaurant and other than Jamie’s all food and service were outstanding. I am still amazed how well the crew can remember your name and make the cruise a special experience.

A few reasons for this one star rating: first we had 50 pinnacle members (top tier repeat customer) and they suck up all the service paid for by suite members. Some of these members were nice but the majority extended a strong entitlement style about themselves. Three times I literally had a pinnacle member walk between myself and a crew member I was talking with because of their self-importance. If anyone is planning to pay for Sky Class service check with your travel agent to find out how many pinnacle members are booked on the cruise. If there is more than about a dozen I would avoid the cruise. You will pay for the services and they will consume them while staying at an interior stateroom.

Second reason for my low rating – when on Allure we had great reserved seats for the shows and while this benefit remains on Harmony your seats will be obstructed and no desirable. I did notice the Star Class Suites still have the same quality of seats between Allure and Harmony.

Third reason for this one star – entertainment on Harmony is really very poor. Grease is a good show as is the water show. The other shows, such as the Ice Show (1865 or something) is entertaining but the flow of the show makes no sense. It almost seems like they make-up the skating as they go. The Columbus show was a joke and we left after about 45 minutes – very boring. I don’t plan to extend my platinum status further with Royal Caribbean. If I want to get these Sky level services I will go to another cruise line and Royal can keep filing their interior state rooms with the pinnacle members.

David9713's Full Rating Summary

Grand Suite with Balcony
Cabin GS 10660

Very nice and moder

City Tour

Overall good tour - not too crazy about the bull fighting. Liked the castle and church

View All 77 City Tour Reviews
Aix-en-Provence

Wonderful and exactly what I wanted.

View All 115 Aix-en-Provence Reviews