Carnival Dream Cruise Review

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by mallwalker

• Sail Date: Oct 2016
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Let me say that my husband are Platinum members. This was our third year in a row to sail on the Dream. We have always enjoyed being on her. Being we have been on this ship before we definately notice all the changes that were made. This year there were tons and tons of kids on the ship, who were to me polite and no problem. We are from the north and didn't know that in the Southern states they have what is called "Fall Break". We had a balcony cabin on Deck 6 Cabin 6284. Our cabin person was excellent. The stool in my cabin was broken and he had it fixed right away. It seemed like he must have been hiding because we sooner left the room and it was cleaned up. Great employee!

There needs to be a better air system in the casino. The smoke was so bad in there that people trying to walk through were holding their noses. One man was walking around smoking a cigar which is not allowed. I don't mind cigarette smoke as I at one time was a smoker but this was really bad.

We had anytime dinning in the Crimson dining room. The first night we were seated at table 120 and had three great male waiters. So whenever we ate in the dining room we requested either table 120 or 140. Sorry I can't remember their names but they were great!! Give them a raise. Now for the menu. The new menu SUCKS!!! In the 25 cruises my husband and I have taken we have never missed eating in the dining room until now. Because the menu was not any good we did not dine in the dinning room two nights. One of the biggest disappointments were the soups. Usually there are two hot and one cold ;soup on the menu. The cold soups which are my favorites were not offered every night. This seemed very odd not being served on formal night. Normally I love the soups and would order all three. But this time maybe I had one a night. I had ordered the Grilled Shrimp for my entree. What a joke. Out came 4 small pieces of shrimp. I had bigger and more (5) in my appetizer of Shrimp Cocktail.

The staff was very friendly and the ship looked clean .

Carnival is making a lot of cut backs and it is a shame. I think it may be time to start checking out other cruise lines.

mallwalker's Full Rating Summary