3. Britannia
I thought I would focus my review on the features of this lovely new ship I loved the most. Overall the interior of the ship is stunning. The variety of finishes of wood, fabrics, metal and marble used with effective lighting accents plus the wide, spacious passageways are terrific. There are an infinite number of great places to sit in and enjoy. I was seldom conscious that I was sharing the ship with 4000 people. Another highlight was the Lido deck with three very large pools, one forward reserved exclusively for adults. There are plenty of lounges to go around. We took good advantage of the speciality restaurants as well. They cost extra, however. My favorite hands down was the Epicurean. It is elegant, quiet and the service as well as the cuisine on two different menus were outstanding. The other outstanding feature for me was the Retreat which costs extra, but provides a welcome opportunity to be in a more intimate, secluded outdoor environment, away from all the music around the lido deck pool area. Limited food is served at lunch in the Retreat as well.

Lovely ship which has beautiful decor and some outstanding features

Britannia Cruise Review by gymswim

• Sail Date: October 2016
  • Destination: Caribbean

gymswim’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Britannia price drops

Cabin A107
We loved our cabin A107 because of its spectacularly large outdoor deck over the roof of the bridge wing. We could see forward, as well as to starboard and directly aft. Amble seating for 6. The bedroom of A107 has a forward facing picture window. Although the perimeter talking of the deck is solid metal, one can still enjoy the sky view while lying in the bed.
The large living shaped room is well equipped with a hide a bed sofa (double) in the living room complete with its own flat panel TV. The bedroom area has a queen bed as well as a flat panel TV.