3. Norwegian Epic
I wanted to cruise the Mediterranean as a solo passenger. I am very thankful that Norwegian sees that market and provides studios. The cost was $899 for 7 nights (NO ridiculous single supplement charge like other cruise lines!). The studios: outstanding accommodations; large with tonnes of storage for one traveller. I was in Room 11575 AFT and would not recommend location as the AFT cabins are over the engines. The room vibrates and it is very noisy when docking and leaving port. These rooms are not good for elderly passengers. The lady next to me was 80+ and had a walker. It is very tough to navigate the interior hallway and/or the tube-like shower with a walker. There is also a lounge for studio guests offering cappuccinos and light snacks. This offers solo travellers a place to meet others should they wish to have dinner and/or stage show companions. Shows: Priscilla Queen of the Desert is top quality. Best I've seen on any cruise line. Burn the Floor is well produced and perfect for fans of dance. I really enjoyed the MoTown music show in the cabaret as well. Food: I did not have the specialty dining package. Europe has only one sea day and I knew I would be eating fine food in ports. Breakfast at the Garden Café had endless choices. The Garden Café had a different theme nightly and met my needs. Moderno was also very good. I'm not a foodie and felt that the quality of food was very good on board . The Spa: I purchased a pass and really enjoyed this as it rained all 7 days of my cruise. Pools and heated loungers were really nice. Ports: 1. Rome - spend 4 days there before the cruise then took the train to meet the ship in Civitavecchia/ was surprised at what a beautiful beach town it is. 2. Livorno - you pay 5 euro for shuttle to get out of the port into the town. I then took a large tour bus for 3 hours in Florence and 1 hour in Pisa. Both are not to be missed. 3. Cannes - could not dock due to storm 3. Marseilles - 15 euro to take shuttle out of the port and to the town. There I took local train on my own to Aix en Provence which was extraordinary! 4. Barcelona - Hop-on Hop-Off Bus allowed me to see everything in one day. The city shuts down on Sundays so it was very quiet. 5. Naples -I tried to do this on my own but would recommend a tour. Leave Naples and head to the Amalfi Coast. The only port where you don't have to pay for a shuttle to reach the town site.

Good Value for the Money

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by capergal

Ports:

3. Cannes - could not dock due to storm

capergal’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Studio
Cabin T1 11575
Way too noisy at AFT. It's 9 decks above engines but it will wake you up and the whole room shakes.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins