3. Avalon Tranquility II
We chose this cruise as a recommendation from a friend, who had cruised with Avalon Waterways. I went to the website filled out a form and was assigned a cruise coordinator. She was just wonderful. She was efficient and friendly and always took my call or answered my emails quickly. Lucky for us she was going on the exact same cruise in August, so she was able to answer all my very specific questions. The ship is beautiful, I think it is it's second year in service. All the staff, everyone was always smiling and friendly. The ship was clean, clean, clean. The cabin was just perfect. We were on the 3rd floor suites, near the rear lounge that had 24/7 coffee & snacks. The dining was great, lots of variety and the staff was great. The wine ran continually during dinner. We did quite a few shore excursions and they were very well coordinated and delivered exactly as promised. We had the best Cruise Director, Carolina. She made the whole time a great experience. When we book our next river cruise, it will be with Avalon Waterways, for sure. There were only 114 passengers on the cruise, so you really go to meet and spend time with a variety of people, it was fun, fun, fun. Our most favorite excursions were bike riding through the Amsterdam countryside, it was a 13 mile ride, but it was flat and fairly easy (we bike ride at home) with beautiful scenery. The other favorite excursion was Stonehenge. We booked extra nights on the front end in Zurich and on the back end in London. The Park Place Westminster Bridge add on hotel option was perfect, when you walked out the front door you see Big Ben. In Zurich the Movenpick was an easy hotel shuttle to the airport and then a train ride into town, which we did often. Just the best time!

7 Days of Paradise