3. Seven Seas Navigator
My wife and I traveled with another couple on a 10 day Mediterranean cruise aboard the Navigator. The ship was just reburbished earlier this year and was well done. We chose this cruise line due to the high end caliber advertised by Regent. We purchased a pent house level package which included business class air. The trip cost over $25,000. This Company is certainly not high end. The level of staff is very mixed, some great while others very inexperienced. We were very happy with the room. However, that's about the best thing that we can say about the trip. The problems started when our itinerary got changed and they never notified us. We found out on our own. As such, we had to changes our travel dates. Then Regent put our friends and us on different flights. It was quite a challenge battling them to get us on the same flights. We booked our Athens hotel with Regent. They charged us a fee for the bus ride from the hotel to the ship without telling us that there was a charge. We got a bill for the bus ride a week into the cruise. Once on the ship, we were surprised to see that the average age of the guests was about 75 years old. We are in our early 50's and were by far some of the youngest folks on the boat. As such, the dining, entertainment and excursions were catered to that senior age group. Dining was by far the worst experience of the cruise. The 2 main restaurants on the ship cannot handle the volume of the guests for at-will seating. We had to wait nearly every night to get a table. The average wait was 30 to 40 minutes and they do not take reservations. Once you were seated, it was not uncommon for slow service. There were times that we waited 30 or more minutes to have our order taken. There is a specialty restaurant that you are entitled to reserve dinner for at least one evening. That restaurant is very nice. However, they never had another availability for us during the entire trip. The food is mediocre at best. It is not the great cuisine on other cruise lines. Specifically, the food had no taste and was not cooked properly. I think they try to cater to a diabetic and bland diet. I will say that they tried their best to accommodate my gluten free issue. The excursions were arduous and got more frustrating the further you got into the trip. As they were slow moving getting the folks tendered off the ship and then on the bus. The average group size was about 30. It would take the poor guide a long time to get the folks off the bus, then to the bathroom, then get on with the tour. So a lot of valuable time was wasted on bathroom breaks etc. That's tough to swallow when the tour is on a tight schedule of only 4 or 5 hours. It generally left us with no time for lunch at a port or any free time. Overall, the cruise fell far short and was not nearly worth the large dollars spent. Hence the low rating when considering the value for the money. I attempted to discuss my issues with guest relations. However, they do not let you speak to a live person. You must email guest relations. I emailed them on September 29, 2016 with 4 pages of compliments and complaints. I requested that I speak to a "live" person to discuss my issues. They never responded to my email. I called Regent on October 25, 2016 (27 days later) and attempted to get a customer service or guest relations employee to speak with. I just got voice mails. I finally got a live person when I selected the option to book a new cruise. I explained my situation and he said that I would get a response soon. So I received a canned letter today that did not acknowledge any of my issues and thanked me for taking the time to give them feedback. Very impersonal! My experience with this Company is that they do not live up to the high end caliber that they hold themselves out to be. You don't even get to speak to a real person. They simply do not appear to care about former guests.

Wish I chose a different cruise line

Seven Seas Navigator Cruise Review by hoffland3@yahoo.com

• Sail Date: September 2016
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Penthouse Suite

Hence the low rating when considering the value for the money.

hoffland3@yahoo.com’s Full Rating Summary
Get Seven Seas Navigator price drops

Penthouse Suite
Cabin B 1013
cabin was excellent. no complaints other than slight smells out of the toliet
Deck 10 Suite Cabins