3. Norwegian Breakaway
Embarkation process seamless. On board we were told no Bermuda as Hurricane Nicole bearing down. Told we would stay in port until Monday and then head for points south. This was my 7th Norwegian cruise and my first out of New York. I knew the risks during Hurricane season but my birthday is in October and we took three cabins to celebrate with my family. Safety is our first concern and at least we went south instead of north. BTW we received an extra 200 + an unexplained 29 pp non refundable on board credit, which I thought was reasonable. We had a mini suite which is just a balcony with a larger bathroom. It was an upgrade. Our cabin steward was very attentive and knew our names by the second day. Every time we saw him a smile was on his face. The dining: We ate in the Garden Cafe for breakfast. A little crowded at times and the eggs and omelette stations could use more than two burners. It sure would speed up those lines.We loved O Sheehans for snacks and sandwiches. For dinner we started in the main restaurant where we found harried waiters and too much noise. We the went to the Taste dining area. 100% better. Same food but quiet and more attentive staff. Our waiter,M.Ansari, really knew how to take care and made us feel special. BTW, one of our family members is Vegan and although the chef tried, he had little clue. Our waiter, being Indian, worked with my daughter to improve her experience. It wasn't perfect, but he helped immensely. The entertainment: We saw three top shows for free. Burn the Floor was amazing for its energy. Rock of Ages is an acquired taste if you don't like 80s music. Story was stupid. Last night we saw Cheryl Steckle who was in the Broadway cast of Wicked. What a voice! The venues around the ship had Second City. We don't like improv so we didn't go. Howl at the Moon was worthwhile as were the guitarist. We would have liked a comedian, but alas you can't get everything. The cruise director,Dan Dan was very funny and he and some other staff do a show in a small venue which is hilarious. As far as ports go, it was really a six day cruise at sea. I guess we stopped because we needed fuel. Port Canaveral is nowhere and getting to Nassau,Bahamas at 3PM didn't leave much time for anything. Be aware that we walked off with our bags and the process was slow. It took one hour from room to the street. All in all, we had a great time and attitude makes or breaks a vacation.

Making the Best of It

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by brownie32

• Sail Date: October 2016
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Family Mini-Suite with Balcony

All in all, we had a great time and attitude makes or breaks a vacation.
brownie32’s Full Rating Summary