• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

rolsen222
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Sep 2016
Cabin: Mid-Ship Balcony

I was traveling with my 81 year old mom who has limited mobility. We wanted a cruise with interesting ports we haven't seen before. We both enjoyed the cruise immensely. It was a great blend of interesting places and relaxing sea days. This was our fourth cruise, and it was the first time I did not have a list of complaints afterwards. Service was excellent everywhere.

Food--We were very impressed with the food on this cruise. We dined at one of the two main dining rooms most every night, and had many excellent meals, and none that were bad. We had delicious ribeye steaks twice at Cagneys. We enjoyed Moderno the churrascuro restaurant but felt that one trip there was plenty. We would have liked it more if there were some dipping sauces for the meat. It got a little boring. We also enjoyed La Cucina. We have learned to avoid the buffets on cruises except for a light snack. The few lunches we had from the buffet were just OK.

Embarkation--long lines but smooth. They did not have a good set up for handicapped passengers and it was hard for my mom to stand in a long line.

Mid-Ship Balcony

Cabin BB

There was a tight squeeze between the beds and a table, but it ended up being fine. My mom being a little unstable thought the room was great for always having something to hang on to. Everything was clean and fresh. The balcony was really great to have when traveling through the canal.

Port Reviews

San Diego

Above

Puerto Quetzal (Antigua)

Antigua is a beautiful city.

Find a Norwegian Sun Cruise from $489