Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by computerqwerty

• Sail Date: Sep 2016
  • Destination: the Eastern Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Veranda 1A

The cruise ship, the staff, the places we visited and the passengers together made this the best cruise I have ever been on and I have sailed on about 10 cruises.

Firstly the ship was just the right size so that we met most of the passengers but did not feel overcrowded. About 2,500 people on board. There were enough deckchairs for everyone with some spare.

OMG the Captain was the funniest senior Officer I have ever encountered. His 10am 'briefing' to us over the tannoy were hilarious and I actually knew of people getting up early just to hear them on sea days. His sence of humour and fun (actually joining in some of the crew versus passengers) were amazing.

The cabin was extremely spacious and the best bathroom regarding space and cupboards I have ever had.

I suffer from lactose intolrance and every evening at dinner I was given the next day's menu to choose what I wanted so that the chef could make it possible for me to eat it and boy did I eat it and more

The entertainment was terrific especially a Beatles 'look & sound alike' group which had the whole boat singing and dancing with a standing ovation and cries of more at the end,

The service was fantastic and the staff terrific.

As I said the stops were amazing, Rome (where we started), Naples, Ashdod & Haifa (both in Israel), Kasudasi, Santorini, Athens & Malta - incredible stops.

computerqwerty's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Veranda 1A
Cabin 1A 7250

good, good good - plenty of room and amazing number of cupboards in the bathroom.

Rome (Civitavecchia)

We were collected by Celebrity at the airport but were taken the wrong way and walked all the way to the end of terminal 1 and then had to walk all the way back to the other side of Terminal 3!

City Tour

We were expecting at least one stop in Tel Aviv but wizzed through so quickly we were unable to take photos. Jaffa & the meal were excellent.

View All 14 City Tour Reviews

Fantastic English speaking tour guide.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Island Tour

were taken through Santorini with a good Englis speaking guide finishing off at a winery with no hard sell.

View All 119 Island Tour Reviews
City Tour

We stopped for photos at all the main sites and then dropped off and walked to the Government to see the amusing changing of the guards.

View All 164 City Tour Reviews
City Tour

four cruise ships in harbour most passengers wanting the same busses which kept on breaking down - not a good combination

View All 78 City Tour Reviews