3. Oasis of the Seas
I was traveling with my wife from Las Vegas, Nevada and we met up with 6 friends on board the ship Oasis of the Seas. Our journey to Ft. Lauderdale was eventful in itself, but we were determined to get there. At the time of our sailing hurricane Matthew was battering the east coast of Florida. We had 2 flights that were canceled and we finally flew into New Orleans, La and rented a car to drive for 13 hours to Ft. Lauderdale. It was a long drive but by the time we got there the hurricane had already passed. The sailing was delayed by 3 hours so that more passengers could make it to ship (which I though was a very thoughtful move on the part of RCI) for this sailing. Once on board we were greeted with enthusiasm and warmth by the crew. The check-in process was painless and quick, which was a blessing after our journey to get there. We met up with the rest of our group at the Windjammer Cafe and enjoyed a good meal to get us going for the rest of the night. Once we got into our room we got our carry on luggage settled in and then headed out to explore the ship. We were on the ship for a week and still didn't see everything it had to offer, this is a huge ship with tons of things to do and see. We dined in the main dining room for most of the week, as a group. The wait staff was amazing! I need to point out and shout out to Richard and Savio who were our waiters for most of the week and all 8 of us loved those guy! I can't say enough good things about the service we received from them and just that alone makes us all want to sail on the Oasis again. We had booked shows for every night but were only able to see 2 of them. We went to the Aqua Show with amazing high divers and gymnasts in a fantastic production that rivaled a Cirque du Soleil show back home. It is really amazing to see a show with that quality of production and danger while the ship is moving. The second show we saw was "Frozen in Time" which is an ice skating show based on the stories of Hans Christian Anderson. Another amazing production with world class athletes, dancers, and ice skaters. To think that these shows are included in the price of the cruise is crazy. We celebrated our anniversary on board which bring me to the only sore spot of the cruise. On day 1 while we were in the Windjammer there was a man who was taking reservations for Chops Grill the steakhouse restaurant. I made a reservation for the next night at 6:30pm for my wife and I to celebrate on the day of our anniversary, however, when I checked the next day to make sure the reservation time was correct, I discovered that the reservation had not been made. They didn't have any other availability for us that wouldn't interfere with the show that night, so I booked it for another night. I was quite disappointed in that, but when we went to the main dining room for dinner with our friends we had a great time thanks again to Richard and Savio. Our first stop was in Labadee, Haiti and was beautiful. There were some downsides to this port though. Because of the hurricane that had just devastated the island and took over 800 lives, the water was still churned up and had an unpleasant smell. The beach was still very nice and the staff in the port were friendly and helpful. Now if you are put off by pushy salespeople, this is not the place for you. I have traveled all over the Caribbean and these people are without a doubt the most aggressive with sales. I did make some purchases and I can say that if you pay the first price for anything that you got ripped off. I bought a carved black lacquer box that he quoted $60 and I paid $10. The second port was Falmouth, Jamaica. Another beautiful island, but with a much more laid back attitude. We made several purchases with no pressure and quality craftsmanship. While we were the we had lunch and I can't remember the name of the place but the food was fantastic. I do know that it was behind Margaritaville. The last port was in Cozumel, Mexico and yet another beautiful island. If you have the opportunity, go to the seminar on the ship the day before this port and you will get even more FREE stuff. We took a taxi to the end of the shopping district and walked back up while stopping in almost every store and received something free in almost every one of them. When the cruise was over the debarkation process just as painless as the embarkation. We would like to thank Royal Caribbean for making this an amazing vacation and we have already booked our next cruise with them.

An absolutely amazing cruise experience

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by rhf340

rhf340’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

The cabin didn't feel cramped or overly humid throughout the entire cruise. The staff that cleaned our cabin was courteous and efficient. The balcony being in the Central Park area was delightful. During the day there are bird songs and at night you can hear crickets and other night life. The sound level is at a minimum which made it very pleasant to sit on the balcony and read a book to relax.
  Oasis of the Seas Deck Plans